Murder in Spokane WA because of the Titanic

L

Laurie Platt

On April 25, 1912 in Spokane, WA, E.H. Rothrock shot and killed in his office by R. Aleck, crazed by SS Titanic disaster., I have a copy of this article, which is in the Spokane Daily Chronicle.

Mar 28, 2002
Hello both,

There was an (attempted?) suicide a couple of days after the disaster by a young woman who believed her lover, a crew member on Titanic, had been killed. I'm missing a whole batch of notes but the bloke's name was Milliton (?) and she threw herself in front of a train in Newport, Shropshire, England. I don't know if she survived or not because there didn't seem to be any follow-up stories on her fate.

Cheers,

Boz

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
On pages 160 to 163 of Steven Biel's Titanica there are several stories of this kind. All involve people who had no apparent connection with Titanic. There's nowt so queer as folks.

L

Laurie Platt

I am a True Crime article collector, I collect articles of Murders that happened a long time ago, this caught my eye about the Titanic so I got the article.

Andrew Maheux

Dec 4, 2000
There is something about a murder resulting from the Titanic in Titanic: Destination Disaster. I can't remember the page number though.

Andrew Maheux