Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nige

Billy,

I have a small copy of the White Star Line music book. It lists 148 waltzes, suites, overtures, and general other pieces that the orchestra played. I can scan it and send it to you if you like.
Also did you know there has been a cd out for quite a while, that reproduces a lot of the Titanic's music?
If not, let me know and I'll give you the details of it.

Nige

P

Paula Crighton

Hello Nige, Could you please tell me the name of the cd,Id like to add more music To my already vast Titanic cd collecton.

Thank you very much Paula

C

Cátia Lamy

Hi!!

I purchased some while ago "Music inspired by the Titanic" and "Titanic - music as heard on the faitfull voyage". I like them both. anyway, this is not my point....! I saw three more albuns about the Titanic both somewhat expensive so I'd like to know you're opinion about them
1 - Titanic - Music from the Broadway -- or something like this...!
2 - Don't know the name of this one but as a bunch of music from Raise the Titanic, to James Cameron Titanic and some plays -Music from the titanic or something like this I guess
3 - something like the maid from the Titanic that I believe is a play or a movie in mexica, spanish or something.

Can anyone help me?
Thank you!
Cátia Lamy

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
1. Yes, there is a musical which I've not heard. Some praised it highly. Try before you buy.

2. This sounds like a crude attempt to cash in on the name after the success of Cameron's film. Probably of no value.

3. The film is a fine French movie called La Femme de Chambre du Titanic. It's not really about the ship and the voyage. I don't recall the music and it's nothing to do with the ship.

There is a good record called "And the Band Played on". It's played by I Salonisti, the emsemble that played the period music in the movie. It's worth having and doesn't duplicate much of the Ian Whitcomb disc that you already have. There's also another disc by Whitcomb of music of the kind played in third class.

Jan 22, 2001
The name of the Ian Whitcomb CD is "Titanic Tunes A Sing Along in Steerage". The booklet that came with the CD describes The Musical Murrays, an American group who entertained the passengers traveling in third class. It also says that Harold Bride came to see them and later wrote about them. Is this story true, and if so, is it known who they were?

Carole

Status
Not open for further replies.