My first Titanic publication

Mar 3, 1998
For what it's worth, I'm now published. It's a fairly big deal for me, probably not for anybody else. Anyway, my article on "The Marconi Wireless Installation in the R.M.S. Titanic" was published in "The OTB," a quarterly Journal for the Antique Wireless Association. Since this publication is only available to AWA members, I have reproduced the article in its entirety on my website (the published version is being printed in two parts, the second of which won't hit the streets until February).

This article is just a prelude to my entire work on Titanic's wireless set and operating procedure. I'm working to complete a larger, more comprehensive description to be published in 2002.

As you could well imagine, I won't get rich off this; in fact, I'm working in gratis. I'm in it for the satisfaction....until someone offers me money, that is. :)

Parks

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Congratulations Parks! It IS a big deal! You should be strutting around like Travolta and his paint can!!!
wink.gif

How do we get to your website to read your article?
-kate

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Parks, warmest congratulations :) It was only a matter of time, and it's good to see such quality research and writing in print.

~ Inger

Sep 28, 2009
Way to go Parks! Many congrats!!!
happy.gif
I sincerely hope that this is just the sign of things to come- the more quality work the better, I say, and when it comes from you I *know* it's top of the line!

Kerri

May 8, 2001
What a great satisfaction for you Parks. That is so great! Well researched, well written, and worth reading!
Colleen

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Congratulations, Parks! And about time, I must say! May there be many, many more.

Warmest regards, as always,
Cook

Nov 12, 2000
Parks,

congratulations! a fascinating, informative and ground breaking article - just the kind of material we have come to expect from you. so now that you are published, when can we expect your first book? :).

best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Mar 3, 1998
Thanks to all for your comments here. The article is just a prelude to the publication of my entire wireless monograph next year, so if you liked the article, stay tuned. There's much, much more on the way. By the time I'm finished, everyone will be sick to death of hearing about Titanic's wireless installation.

I do have another book idea, but it requires collaboration with two (maybe three) cohorts of mine. If I could find the time to complete an outline, we might be able to start work on the project. Don't expect that anytime soon, though. It's really hard to find time to do quality research when both my wife and I work long hours and there are two young ones to raise properly. If this book idea works out, though, I guarantee that it will not be a rehash of anything that has been written before. And it will challenge the popular perception of Titanic. Otherwise, what would be the point?

First, though, I have to finalise my wireless monograph and work with Dave Brown to revise our grounding paper. Almost 90 years after the ship sunk, and there's still not enough time to do everything I want to do...

Parks

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>. And it will challenge the popular perception of Titanic. Otherwise, what would be the point? <<

Seems we do quite a bit of challanging right here, but it's never enough IMO. Bring it on Parks!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart