My planned Titanic book what do you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scores of Titanic books have been written, many telling the same story over and over again at nausiem...

I intend to write a book about Titanic, appraoching it from a somewhat different angle-

The book will be about the experience of being a lifelong Titanic buff, with a passion for collecting Titanic books, and the fortune to have worked at five Titanic exhibitions.
Ill discuss the thrill of having worked daily with and around "The Big Piece", being present during the tests when Titanic's whistles were sounded, interacting with scores of Titanic buffs who visited the exhibits, etc..
Ill mention how my lifelong dream was to dive Titanic- I was invited to go in 2000 but didnt due to politics at the time, but will make the dive, a decision that has tormented me on many levels..
I expect to pay to make the dive within 5 years..(Ill write the book after the dive)
The overall message of the book being that dreams can and do come true if one never lets go of determination...
I will discuss what it was like to be on the road with the Titanic exhibits, I may comment on the importance of continued exploration and artifact retrieval at the wrecksite.
Ill also discuss my perceptions of the rise and fall of the company RMS Titanic Inc, and endless litigation that followed, but will be vague enough so as to avoid being sued.

My book will be laden with photos- no doubt from my future dive to the wreck-
Would such a book be a borefest- or something Titanic book lovers might find worthy to place on thier bookshelf?

regards

Tarn Stephanos

I like reading 'the same old story, ad nauseum" because it seldom is entirely the same old story. Someone may mention the tale of a survivor I've not known about, or another spirited discussion of Mr. Stead or the mummy. Or the Californian.

One thing I would like on my bookshelf is a thorough description of wireless telegraphy in 1912. It was the new technology - caught Crippen in 1910 and all that. Do you think there was a 'Radio for Dummies' book back then?

I was thinking perhaps doing it privately, and having a limited run of a 100 copies of so..bound either in leather or gorilla skin, and profusely illustrated.....

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Status
Not open for further replies.