1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice

My real time sinking animation

Discussion in 'Titanic on Computer and the Web' started by Titanic Animations, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Kyle Naber

Kyle Naber Member

Also, I’m really glad that you used the “Propior Deo” version for “Nearer My God To Thee.” I think you’re officially the first one to get it right in an animation like this!

2. Aaron_2016

Aaron_2016 Member

Found another animation on youtube. Interesting to see it in daytime.

SmileyGirl and Kyle Naber like this.
  3. Since it doesn't require much time, just running an avisynth script to make it, I'm also working on a 3D side-by-side file of the sinking. That way anyone with a virtual reality headset or a 3D capable TV will be able to view the animation in full 1080p 3D if they so choose to.

H3Jxval.jpg

Itsstillthinking likes this.
  4. I've been writing some followup essays in my free-time from work. Most of them were intended to be supplementary videos to compliment the main full animation but I don't have to time to devote to making them at the moment. I've linked them at the bottom of the research document google doc. I put a preface to both that they are observations made during the production of my animation, and as such its entirely possible that I got the ships movements wrong which would mean my observations are based on incorrect evidence.

Here are the direct links of the first two:

D-deck doors open or closed? My thoughts D-Deck Gangway Door Observation

Why is E-deck above water in the animation exterior yet portrayed as flooding interior-wise? An Explanation of E&D-deck flooding in the revised animation

SmileyGirl and Itsstillthinking like this.
  5. In case people have not been keeping up to date on Titanic Animations, he is doing a new series!

SmileyGirl and CM1971 like this.
  6. SmileyGirl

SmileyGirl Guest

Thanks for that :)