My Theory On How more Lives Could Be Saved

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Ice was all around by evidence of the Californian noting that and not moving for the night.<<

Not *quite* accurate I'm afraid. I'm not really interested in the Californian debate per se, but the ship did move that night, weathervaning and moving with the current, with the ice moving as well, and the Titanic did the same. While a lot of ice was noted in the morning, the problem is seeing it in the dark. The one they hit aside, the people on Titanic didn't see even one until the sun came up.

Even if a sizable floe or field of ice had been found, the problem then would be getting all 2208 people off in two hours forty minutes befor the ship sank. Not possible with only 20 boats and some of them manned by scratch crews for want of trained seamen.

I suppose we could spin scenerios and ideas all year round...hell, we might even stumble on something that would work...but I think about the one fact that is certain is that the stratagy which would have saved the most lives would be to not hit the berg at all.

L

lauren hill

hi michael can you answer my reply in ice berg please from lauren

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Already done.

Keep in mind that you may not get an instant reply to every post as soon as it's up. Forums are fun but I don't live here 24/7. None of us do, so it may be awhile befor anybody gets around to it.
wink.gif