1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice

Mysterious Ship hidden in photograph

Discussion in 'Titanic Photographs & other Images' started by Logan H, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Logan H

Logan H Member

Alright, this is my first post here. So, I saw this image of the Titanic departing from Southampton to start it's maiden voyage, and I noticed the bow of another ship in front of the Titanic and docked in said image. (It's on the far right.)
    Titanic departing Southampton
    How come I'm the only one who has noticed this? What ship is that? Could it possibly be the New York or the Oceanic? Because both ships were docked at Southampton when the Titanic was departing. I would be delighted if someone could let me know. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. That would be Oceanic. The photo was taken when Titanic was stopped due to the near collision with New York. For reference I am including a link to another photo taken shortly after this one, from a different angle, when Titanic was under way again. You can see Oceanic on the far left of the photo and the funnels visible behind Titanic are those of New York, where she was moved to after the tugboats restrained her after breaking free of her moorings.

Titanic Leaving Southampton Docks

Logan H likes this.
  3. Logan H

Logan H Member

Thanks.