Myth Busters

I just thought I would suggest that someone with more knowledge than myself write to these guys and see what kind of experiments they would come up with. Not saying that they could solve any of the many many mysteries involving the Titanic, however I think it would make for an interesting show. I can provide the link if anyone is interested.
happy.gif

Thanks,
Kendra

Mar 3, 2010
They already have, actually. Quite awhile back they did an experiment about being sucked down with a sinking ship. They even had a 'Titanic II'.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
One of the experiments they came up with was the suction myth. If i recall correctly, it was debunked.

Don't count on the Mythbusters to deal with some of the more controversial historical issues. It's not a lack of interest on their part so much as it is that some of them are beyond any practical means to test.

I see. Well thanks for the response guys.
happy.gif
I guess that I must have missed that episode, or those episodes. lol OOPS sorry. I didn't see a thread on it so I started one.

>>Don't count on the Mythbusters to deal with some of the more controversial historical issues. It's not a lack of interest on their part so much as it is that some of them are beyond any practical means to test.>>

That's kinda what I was trying to sort of hint around to... But I know they would get chewed out so they would probably never do it.
happy.gif
Guess I need to pay more attention. lol

Thanks again,
Kendra

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I don't know that they would get chewed out so much as what would be under controversy is beyond their means to test.

What they can test is pretty much along the lines of "Here's the myth, and her's what actually happened when we put it to the test."

Right, but say that they decided to put the whole californian issue "to the test". They would have so many letters claiming that they did it wrong, no matter what way the test proved. That is all I meant, by "getting chewed out". Pardon me for not being more clear.
happy.gif

Thanks,
Kendra

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I don't think they would be too terribly interested in the Californian affair beyond perhaps testing out a few things to see if something is possible. The issue with the Cottam Socket Signals...frequently referred to as "rockets" for example. The three levels they go by when testing a myth is

a) Busted
b) Plausible or
c) Confirmed.

Some aspects of the testimony, I think they would wisely leave to the advocates, and let them take the heat!
wink.gif