Navratil Family History

C

C.J. Barrett

Hullo, all. This will be my first post but I've enjoyed many conversations and debates here for a good many years. It's good to be here.
I have a question on which, perhaps, someone can shed some light.
Does anyone know anything concerning the life of Michel Navratil before the Titanic, specifically regarding his relations with his in-laws. I've read a few things which state that his mother-in-law was a particular problem, going so far as to sabatoge his marriage. However, I always like to take those sorts of radical statements with a grain of salt until I can verify.
Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you for your time.

Mar 25, 2015
Navratil Family History (rev.)

Hullo! It's a pleasure to be here. I had joined the website in 2012, however I lost my log-in information and so had to create a new profile. I'm going to re-post something I posted back in 2012 and from which I never received any replies. (At the time, as I recall, the website was going over a massive overhaul and I imagine the post just got lost in the hubbub.)

I have a question on which, perhaps, someone can shed some light.
Does anyone know anything concerning the life of Michel Navratil before the Titanic, specifically regarding his relations with his in-laws. I've read a few things which state that his mother-in-law was a particular problem, going so far as to sabatoge his marriage. However, I always like to take those sorts of radical statements with a grain of salt until I can verify. Now unfortunately I can't seem to find the article in which I saw this claim but I know I read it somewhere.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you for your time.

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
I have read that Michel Navratil was a skilled carpenter. The marriage was on the rocks, partly because he did not get on with his wife Marcelle's parents but he also accused Marcelle of having an affair.

I really wish Michel Sr had survived, made it to America with his children and started a new life there. Even with the infamy gained because of the Titanic disaster, I feel that the trio could have successfully disappeared in 1912 America.