Need Help with Constructing Model of Grand Staircase Area

I

IdiotPolarBear

I am doing a film for school on Titanic and was going to build a model of the Grand Staircase along with some first class halls and rooms attached to it. I was going to build it out of wood, but I didn't want it to rot when I flood it. If anyone has suggestions of easy to work with materials that won't damage too much from the water or something I can apply to keep the model from rotting and falling apart, please let me know. Thank you!

Florencio

Florencio

I am doing a film for school on Titanic and was going to build a model of the Grand Staircase along with some first class halls and rooms attached to it. I was going to build it out of wood, but I didn't want it to rot when I flood it. If anyone has suggestions of easy to work with materials that won't damage too much from the water or something I can apply to keep the model from rotting and falling apart, please let me know. Thank you!
Hi! you can use Stirene, (Evergreen for example). Water not affect plastic ;-) This is my 1/250 Staircase into my Titanic model. Best Regards

Attachments

• escalinata boat deck 010.jpg
    escalinata boat deck 010.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 197
  • escalinata boat deck 011.jpg
    escalinata boat deck 011.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Escalinata proa (24).jpg
    Escalinata proa (24).jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 197
  • figuras escalinata 003.jpg
    figuras escalinata 003.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 194
Brody Tarrant

Brody Tarrant

May I suggest using teak wood it is what they used for some parts of the forecastle deck because it was strong and very water resident.

Gordon Mooneyhan

Gordon Mooneyhan

Teak is extremely expensive, contains a high percentage of silica (a mineral found in sand), and does not take stain well. It would probably ruin the O.P.s modelmaking tools. I agree that styrene is probably the best bet because it is waterproof, can be bent as needed, laminated, etc., and can be painted to resemble wood.