Need info about 1st Class Passenger

• Thread starter Roberto Tumminelli
  • Start date

R

Roberto Tumminelli

Hi all,

I need info about Ms. Aidée Caffe, a presumed 1st Class passenger. She is (or was) a brazilian lady that at 50's gave an interview to a magazine claimed that she was a Titanic survival.

I looked for her name in any passenger list, but this search was in vain.

If any one knows anything about this case, please inform me.

Thank you in advance

Best regards and God bless you all

Roberto Tumminelli

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Roberto, I hate to bear bad news but if you haven't found the woman's name on the list of survivors, then her "claim" was only that. Unfortunately many people sought notoriety as a Titanic survivor even though they never stepped foot on the ship. I assure you that our passenger lists and crew lists are 100% accurate and complete. There are no additional names to be added.

Kyrila

R

Roberto Tumminelli

Kyrila, I agree with you. I have two ideas about this lady. First is the same thing you mentioned. Second and more reasonable, is that Ms Caffe was passenger at "Principe das Asturias", an spanish ship that sunk here in Brasil (at São Paulo state coast) in March 6th, 1916. 590 people was aboard. 477 passengers and crew (estimate in that year) died. This ship sunk in 5 minutes (!!!). It crashed against an huge submerged rock. The weather was terrible and there was a dense fog.

At that time this incident was known as the "brazilian Titanic". With this title confusions can be made.

I'll search for info about this ship at our Navy files.

Any away thank you for your feedback! ;-)

Best regards

Roberto

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
You've got some interesting theories there, Roberto. Good luck with your search. There are fellows on the board here who know how to access ships' manifest archives for most ships. Perhaps they'll catch this thread and help you out.

Kyrila

E

elizabeth anne

Hello
Does anyone have information on the first class passenger Harriet R crosby.Anything will help!

E

elizabeth anne

Does anyone know ANYTHING about Elizabeth walton allen i would really appreciate ANY help!

E

elizabeth anne

Thank you for trying to help but I already checked this website.If anyone else knows any places I could look please help.