1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice

News New book about the "iceberg lie" and the J. P. Morgan coverup...

Discussion in 'Titanic News' started by davidpark22bsure, Apr 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/145205312X/?tag=encyclopediat-21 As a new author one is always uncertain of how such a book might be taken, but following 15 years of extensive research this book attempts to answer many of the questions many other writers have failed to quench. It's not another book about the switch theory, it's a book that simply set out to prove that the iceberg was real and what actually happened as a result was very astounding. Was Titanic transporting gold for the Federal Reserve instituted by Morgan? And is the damage on the wreck supported by unpublished testimony? Feel free to comment.

Tags:
  2. Titanic was not transporting gold for the federal reserve because it didn't exist until Dec. 24, 2013, when it passed the Senate by a vote of 6-0.

3. >>Was Titanic transporting gold for the Federal Reserve instituted by Morgan? <<

No she wasn't. As Tim pointed out, the Federal Reserve didn't exist then and J.P. Morgan would have had no part in it's creation or even a voice in the matter. It was established by Congress and the Federal Reserve Act was signed into law by Woodrow Wilson.

Education | What is The Fed: History

A failure to pick up on a point this well known as easily found in a simple Google search tells me that this book was not extensively researched.

4. Well I won't be buying/reading this book. I do wonder however if this is partly based on the crazy conspricy theory that Titanic was sunk to kill off the rich that were opposing the Fed and the Income tax that were passed in 1913. That theory which was total bunk was floating around for awhile.

5. Jack Raby

Jack Raby Member

There's an excellent review on Amazon.

6. I see a lot of things on Amazon which get excellent reviews....until they're read and reviewed by somebody who actually *knows* the history and what s/he is talking about.

Then it doesn't do so well.

7. Another attempt at milking the cow. Titanic hit an iceberg and sank, that's it.

Tim Aldrich likes this.
  8. Jack Raby

Jack Raby Member

When I said excellent I meant excellent - negative - critical.....

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 9:37 AM