New book on Edith Brown Haisman

T

Tracey McIntire

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to make you aware of a new book written by David Haisman, youngest child of Edith Brown Haisman. Please check out the web site at:

www.addr.com/~haisey

Thanks to Bill Willard for letting me know about this!

Sincerely,
Tracey McIntire

Dec 2, 2000
Dear Tracey,

Thanks for your email message regarding this. When I came to the site I looked under a different thread regarding new books and Fi has posted detailed information on the Haisman book and David's thread. Thanks for emailing me about this.

Maureen.

D

David Haisman

Hi everyone
I would like to introduce myself to you all as David Haisman and would like to thank Tracey McIntyre for making me aware of this site and all the wonderful Titanic information available. I'm relatively new to the internet and apart from several hiccups along with some emails disappearing into black holes in outer space,I'm slowly getting there. Should any of you wish to know a little more about my mother or myself, please visit my web site on www.addr.com/~haisey. I shall look forward to having a chat with you, Yours Sincerely, David Haisman

Dec 8, 2000
G'day David,

Delighted to see you here! Hope you can join in as you become more net-literate as you'd certainly have a lot to contribute.

Regards,

Fiona

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Hi David, you're not the only one with frustrating computer problems, but you learn to deal with that in time. I started out as all thumbs net-illiterate when I got my rig back in December '99. Now I can almost hold my own.

BTW, good luck with your book.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

D

David Haisman

Hi Fiona,

Thank you for your message and also once again for your preview on my book. There has been a good response to that and hopefully, will continue as we once again approach another anniversary.
I have been picking my way around this site and have been truly amazed at the interest shown by so many. I wish I had known about this site when I was writing my book but at that time I didn't even have a computer so it was written the old fashioned way.
On the new message board you will find an article of mine that may interest you and as always, when dealing with the public, there's always a story to tell.
Until next time then, take care'
Best wishes , David

D

David Haisman

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your good wishes which is greatly appreciated. I shall look forward to further visits to this site and the odd chat now and then.
Thanks again for that,
Best wishes,
David.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Not a problem, David. By the way, how's it going with your computer now? Watch out for e-mails from sources you don't recognise. I found it wise to delete unopened anything from an un-named source or one that I don't recognise.

As added insurance, you may wish to invest in some good anti-virus software. Norton and MacAfee make some good ones. My Norton has caught and killed several, saving me tons of money.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Dec 2, 2000
Dear David Haisman and Michael Standart,

Just wanted to share here also that David served as Look out on White Star ships and Michael, I know that you, Parks, and Erik would probably be interested in his perhaps thinking about writing a book about what it is like to serve in the crow's nest of a white star line ship especially being the child of a survivor.

David and I have written and I just wanted to share that he is not only an expert within the passenger line of thought but could be a a tremendous author on the topic of look out issues.

Sorry David, had to brag about you!

Enjoy your day.
Maureen.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Interesting. I'd love to know what ships he served on. My own perspective is from that of the military of course, but I've stood my share of low visibility watches. Sounds like David an I may have a thing in two in common. I'd enjoy sharing notes with him.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

L

Lars Lifvendahl

Hello Mr Haisman,
are you coming to the BTS-Convention this Weekend?
I would like to buy your book, so therefore I wonder if you're going to sell the book there.

All the best,
Lars

D

David Haisman

Hello Lars,
Thank you for your interest in my mother's life story. At the moment I live in Brisbane, Australia and my remaining books are sold via the internet. I say ''remaining'' as these are the last of a 1500 batch printed for the Titanic exhibitions here in Australia and New Zealand. I may consider a new run off later in the year if all goes well, meanwhile please check out my web site on http://www.addr.com/~haisey for further details or email me directly at [email protected] I shall look forward to hearing from you, so until then, all the best,
Yours Sincerely,
David Haisman.

Dec 2, 2000
Just wanted to post here that I purchased a book from David Haisman. David has truly captured his mother's life and experiences,plus he has been true to her memories of them. I enjoyed the book very much.

I would encourage him to write a book as an experienced lookout!

Thank you so much David for sharing your family's experiences with all of us.
Maureen.

Bill Willard

Mar 24, 2001
I received all six of my books, which David graciously autographed for my family and some friends.

It is a wonderful book. Thank you David, I really love the story.

Bill Willard