New disasters at sea. A hard look at cruise ships.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
Right now, the cruise ship industry is in prize mess.

Here's an Australian view of the story. I hope everyone can get into this link.

Tim Gerard

Feb 26, 2019
My wife likes to say "if you think you have it bad, at least you didn't try to start a cruise line at the beginning of a global pandemic" in reference to Richard Branson's Virgin Voyages trying to start earlier this year.

Nov 14, 2005
Right now, the cruise ship industry is in prize mess.

Here's an Australian view of the story. I hope everyone can get into this link.

I will have to watch it later...need to tweak my machine. Funny as I have been watching a lot of news from AU lately as well as German, French, India, Russian..ect ect. Our news here in the US is so pathetic lately. Aussie news has at least been investigating things they won't cover here. How long that will last I don't know seeing whats been going on down there. But yes they are in a mess. At least as their stock prices go. Down 50-70% and haven't come back like most other stocks have. The whole shipping sector is way down.

Last edited:

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
Looking further, I think the site is limited to Australia. That's a pity, because it's a good show (especially for commercial TV). It includes footage from inside Costa Concordia during her mishap and a vivid look at how norovirus spreads.

Nov 14, 2005
Looking further, I think the site is limited to Australia. That's a pity, because it's a good show (especially for commercial TV). It includes footage from inside Costa Concordia during her mishap and a vivid look at how norovirus spreads.
Yeah its limited to Australia. One would need to spoof their IP to watch it which isn't hard to do but probably just wait a week or 2 and it will be on other sites (probably YT). I watched the trailer for it. It looks like a good show. Also that channel has some good shows for being a free channel. I guess I will have to fire up old blue and check it out.

Nov 14, 2005
Try this link, from the makers of the show.

Yeah thats a better trailer than the one I watched. I watched a show that showed them going on a cruise ship right after the break out. They had black lights that showed the bug was everywhere on the ship. If I remember right I think Aly mentioned that show. On a side note I've been watching a lot a 60 Minutes AU. They dig into stuff they won't here anymore.
www.facebook.com/7plus/videos/983853002110761/