New Sharktales movie titanic related

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
Hey All - I just got back from taking my daughter to see the new movie Sharktales. The sharks in the movie are living in what is supposed to be the Titanic, underwater. I heard several of the adults whisper that when they first showed it in the movie. To further prove thats where they were living - if you saw the 97 titanic movie - there was a pic of the "drawing" that was made of the fictional character Rose.

Titanic just pops up everywhere. - Beth
happy.gif

Dec 8, 2000
Thanks, Beth. I 'collect' pop culture and historical references to Titanic like that in fiction, but have more than a passing interest in films too.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Am casting around for some kiddies as an excuse to go see this movie - any flick with sharks is worth a look (well...perhaps not quite true...as any of the movies staring megalodon would demonstrate!). Can the sharks hold a candle to Bruce and Chum, though, Beth? Will watch it with an eye out for Rose.

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
Hi Inger - The movie was ok - it was a tad too ethnic for my taste but there were some funny parts - my daughter and her friend who went with us liked it! - Beth

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Sounds interesting, Beth! I'm not keen on some of the character art (the fish are way too anthropomorphic, as opposed to those in Finding Nemo which were identifiable as particular species). I gather there were quite a few movie references in addition to Titanic, such as Jaws and The Godfather?

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
Yeah Inger there were lots of references to Jaws and The Godfather - the head shark was "The Don" - those parts were pretty funny. They also had a lot of references to things from the 70's too - you'll have to see it to know what I mean.

Another thing that I found interesting was that they tried to make each fish look like the actor that did the voice. They did a great job. Of course the easiest to tell was Will Smith and Angelina Jolie. Let me know what you think about the movie after you see it. - Beth

Dave Moran

Apr 23, 2002
Titanic - or rather a ship remarkably similar - can also be briefly glimpsed in " Sky Captain and the World of Tommorrow " - she even has the closed in windows on the forward promenade deck.

warmest regards

dave

Mar 3, 1998
I saw Shark Tales last night. There may have been a drawing of Rose and a Titanic lifering in the ship that the shark mob used as a home, but those interiors were lifted directly from the Queen Mary, especially the Lounge areas. It's not that long a trek from Glendale to Long Beach.

It is interesting that in both Shark Tales and Sky Captain, "Titanic" still has her lifeboats hanging in the davits.

Parks

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
I'm trying to think back at the movie and when they first showed the "ship" the sharks lived in - I can't remember whether it had 3 or 4 funnels. But the Titanic was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. - Beth