New Theory

• Thread starter MATTHEW JOSEPH COOPER
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MATTHEW JOSEPH COOPER

What If the mine came in contact with Britannic but failed to cause enough damage to sink It and U-73 noticed and torpedoed It with the help of U-72.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
You'd think if that was the case that two explosions would have been heard/felt though? Something similar to the Lusitania.....

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
>>What If the mine came in contact with Britannic but failed to cause enough damage to sink It<<
More than unlikely.

>>and U-73 noticed and torpedoed It with the help of U-72.<<
100% unimpossible. And if I remember right U 72 was operating around Italy, in the Thyrrhenian Sea (Genova, Sicily)in November 1916.

Severin Vogt

Apr 12, 2017
First of all, it's against the law of war to torpedo a hospital ship. No submarine was there when the Britannic struck the mine. Even if U-73 was there, it couldn't tell the damage. And why would they want to torpedo the ship after it already struck a mine!? You know how they felt with Lusitania. Well, I'm out.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
As my last message suggests, this thread was locked almost seven years ago, but that action apparently didn't carry over to the new software a couple of years back. It is now locked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.