New Titanic Book coming out soon Titanic a Date to Remember by Howard Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2000
Thanks for the links, Paul.

I've edited the thread title to make sure all who may be interested in the book find their way here.

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
quote:

With a group of leading Marine Engineers and a dedicated team of Divers headed by Lead Diver Steven J Bilsby, the intentions are to use a series of air bags secured to the hull of Titanic.
These will be filled with Hydrogen generated by Electrolysis at the ocean bed site.

Despite reports to the contrary, the hull of the vessel although believed to be in several locations
at the site, is still in a worthy enough condition to withstand the salvage operation.

Interesting.​

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
This is also an interesting statement:

quote:

Douglass Faulkner-Woolley ~ Legal owner of the Titanic wreck and salvage rights.

Huh?
huh.gif
Since when did this happen?​

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Huh? Since when did this happen?<<

I'm sure RMSTI would love to know the answer to that question. The guys really need to check the tobacco they're smoking in their pipes. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's illegal in most jurisdictions.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
http://www.swsalvors.com/swsponsorship.htm

There ya go, folks, get your contributions in the post. F-W is asking for just 18 million to raise the Titanic, clean it up a bit and tow it back to Southampton. A quick re-fit, then we can all book our staterooms for voyage 2. Just think - if 18 of us can come up with a million each, the job's as good as done. You first, Mike - we all know you keep at least that much in a sock under your bunk.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
From the above link:

"Dream To Reality
The Millennium Project aims to realise the dream of one man - Mr Douglas J Faulkner-Wooley

As the owner of the salvage rights for both the RMS TITANIC & Queen Elizabeth 1, two of the the most famous liners ever to have sailed, Mr Faulkner-Woolley has formed the above company with the intention of working toward the ultimate salvage operation of the Titanic - based on his book Titanic, One Mans Dream.

The ultimate aim is to allow the great liner to be returned to her home port of Liverpool or Southampton ( UK )to be converted into a museum in a similar fashion to that of the Mary Rose, whose remaining timbers were raised from the Solent (England) and taken to Portsmouth.

With a group of leading Marine Engineers and a dedicated team of Divers headed by Lead Diver Steven J Bilsby, the intentions are to use a series of air bags secured to the hull of Titanic.
These will be filled with Hydrogen generated by Electrolysis at the ocean bed site.

Despite reports to the contrary, the hull of the vessel although believed to be in several locations
at the site, is still in a worthy enough condition to withstand the salvage operation.

As with any operation of this nature, there is a huge financial implication.
It is hoped that enough interest will be generated by The Millennium Project to raise

(1) The investment required and then (2) The Titanic herself.

LOL

All I can say is: Dream on.

Or maybe that should be: In your dreams.

Sounds like a scam to me.

Kyrila

Ed Weichsler

Feb 4, 2004
Kyrila, The really bad thing about this item is that most of us will purchase it (knowingly) as a "guilty pleasure". For the most part, there isn't much dispute about the author, so there's no need to make that public. Whether we agree with him or not, we will (after all) end up buying the book. Just as we did with the first book, as well as both Gardiner books. It is only then, that someone will ask "Now, who is the real fool?"

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>You first, Mike - we all know you keep at least that much in a sock under your bunk.<<

Naaaaahhhh...I invested it all in some up and coming outfit called ENRON. Seems a better bet...once you get past all the embezzlement and fraud that is.
evil.gif

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>So, has this publication become a reality yet?<<

Not that I'm aware of. I haven't seen anything on Michael Tennero's site either, and he has quite the talant for finding out when something new is coming down the 'pike.

Oct 13, 2000
The last I heard from Howard was last Fall; at that time he was hoping for a Christmas release. His website lists April 2006; obviously we are well past that point as well.

It is worth remembering though that if you are really interested, a downloadable version is available right now, price £9.99. See this link:

http://www.titanicadatetoremember.com/

Will see what else I can find out......

all the best, Michael (TMiB)

Status
Not open for further replies.