New Titanic Movie

Jen

Jun 22, 2009
Hello, Do you believe there will be another Titanic movie? or is James Camerons The last movie, I certaintly hope that it will not be. I know you cant improve much on JC's movie as far as special effects are concerned, but i still would love to see a new movie made,Because I really enjoy Titanic movies.Jen

A

Arthur Coblers

I guess you could remake it, but what would be the point. Everything was done in Cameron's film...

Saying that, subjects tend to be revived every now and then and remade into modern films, but I doubt that Titanic will for years...

S

Serena

In my opinion,there should not be a remake of JC´s Titanic,but a Titanic movie from a different sight.I didn´t like the new Titanic movie because the whole story was not about the Titanic,only about Jack and Rose.The story could have played elsewhere.The Titanic wasn´t necessary for the movie.If someone should ever make a new Titanic movie,it should be about the REAL passengers and the REAL Titanic,not some kind of a teenage love story.If you know only a bit about Titanic´s history,you know that the real stories are often more tragic than the movie scripts.So many wifes lost their husbands,so many children died,so many families were destroyed...when you realize that you don´t need a fictional character to see that the Titanic disaster was a tragedy.

K

Karen Angstadt

Hi, Serena I agree 100% with you. While I liked "Titanic" I certainly think the 'real' stories would interest me much more. Karen

J

Jeni

Hello, i think it would be nice if someone made another made for television Titanic movie, and featured The real passengers rather than fictional. I know in Hallmarks Titanic they even portrayed the alison family which i enjoyed, but this movie too, had alot of fictional characters.I however really liked J.C.'s Titanic because i love romance and thats what Jack And Rose gave us. Sincerely Jeni

C

Cátia Lamy

I eard that this James Cameron's "Titanic II" would be a sequel of the first one, meaning that J.C. will show us what happened to those families after the disaster. I only see one way to give life to the story of Jack and Rose: Rose would porbably be pregnat of Jack (Lizzy's mom or dad). Well, at least it's the only thing I could think about. I believe that Camerons forgot two important families: the Allisons (1st class) and the Goodwins or the Sages or even the Andersons, both 3rd class. I believe that the Trevor Allison story would be good for this Titanic II and the Goodwins, the Sages or the Andersons are the most numerous families and they all died on the disaster so it might be interesting.

Anyway, if what I eard is true, and I may be wrong, but if it is mostly a fiction-movie again it probably won't be more interesting than the Jack & Rose's Titanic.

Anyway, I also believe that any Titanic movie will be good so that nobody forget what happened that night!

Sincerey, Katia

Becky

Jul 17, 2009
Special effects were about all Cameron's film had.80%of that movie was drivel.The story of Titanic before,during and after needed no made up slop of a love story.I would like to see a combination of the 97 movie and A Night To Remember with a little extra.Then maybe I would have a movie that I don't have to fast forward through

B

Bill DeSena

I hope if they portray Colonel Gracie this time he won't be a guy with a gut and english accent!

Bill

Aug 17, 2006
I agree with Serena and Katia. Although I thoroughly enjoyed "Titanic", I would have liked to see a story about the real passengers. The Goodwins and Sages would definitely have been good families to portray in the film.

I would also have liked to see more of the daily life for the third class passengers. In J.C.'s Titanic, he mostly showed the first class areas of the ship.

If the film were to be remade, they should show a few months before the ship's departure or even the building of her.

ADRIANNE

C

C. Bech

How about a "Titanic II - Britannic"??? Rose volunteers as a nurse on the Britannic during WW1, where she falls in love with someone who dies as the ship strikes a mine and sinks.

Eventually, a third one could be made about the Olympic - at last with a happy ending, since it didn't sink ;-)

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Unfortunately, somebody DID make a movie about the Britannic. Don't waste any time on it. It was pretty bad. I hope that if something new is made, it won't have anything as impossible as a U-boat following the ship while remaining submerged. James Cameron at least tried to make his flick credible.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

M

Michael Salvona

Hi so many films have been made over the years some good some bad about the great Ship. sos titanic. CAMERONS Titanic. a night to Remember. to name but three good ones. So how about a film to do with the senate enquiry after the sinking. The scandal surrounding did or didn't ISMAY send telegrams asking for a Ship. to get the crew away before anyone could interview them. Could only add to spice up the story. Or a film about BALLARD finding the ship of dreams

J

Joanne Seiferlein

Only one problem with OLYMPIC: she was pulled from service after slicing through the Nantucket Lightship, killing 7 of the 11 men aboard-- how do you pull a happy ending out of THAT?!

J

Judy Prestin

Well, your dreams have come true. Ghosts of the Abyss will delve into the historic value of Titanic...it will be wonderful and moving.

Apr 14, 2001
mr or mrs salvona i am in total agreement with your idea about a movie about the inquires of the titanic case i think someone should make a movie about the british and american inquires and make them into one movie i hope that one day this will happen and i look forward toward that movie because these inquires happened and its time that the story behind them be told starting with finding out who was the first senator to get the idea of the inquires and ending with the findings of the inquires and one more thing in the movie the first witness who should testify in the inquires in this movie should be mr j. bruce ismay jennifer mueller

C

Cassandra Crowther

Just from the previews and all on the Web, I am really anticipating the release of this one! It looks like it's going to be really good from a Titanic enthusisat's viepoint.

Jul 10, 2005
Dear Joanne,
I had never heard that about the Olympic, I thought that she had just been taken out of service in 1935 and scrapped in 1937. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I see that it happened 15 May 1934. Just goes to show, even when the info is right in front of your nose, it doesn't really "sink in" until you read it.

Beverly

Beverly

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Having read every word of both inquiries, I can't see much scope for a movie. They lack dramatic moments, especially as most of the main facts were known before the inquiries even started. There are no great moments when all is revealed and the villain is unmasked. The British inquiry in particular is the stuff of which sleep is made.

Maybe somebody could make a movie of Lightoller's life, which is pretty well documented and rises to an exciting climax at Dunkirk. I suppose a psychological story could be made about Bruce Ismay, but I'll bet it wouldn't put bums in seats. I still thinks that there's room for a really authoritative book on the real disaster, without dragging in romantic drivel. Just make the most of the real couples involved, like the Strauses and others that are documented. Morley and Miss Phillips might be a start.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I wouldn't put too much stock in the Olympic's collision with the Nantuket Lightship as the reason for thew ship's demise.The collision damage itself was pretty minor and she continued in service for a few more months. Overall the Olympic was in pretty good shape, but showing her age in aspects of matrial condition as well as being outdated in style. The depression didn't help either. Passenger traffic was down, and those who were traveling preferred more modern and comfortable vessels. Absent the collision, IMO, she still would have been withdrawn.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Absent the collision, IMO, she still would have been withdrawn.

I completely agree, Michael. Within two years after the Cunard-White Star merger became effective in May 1934, Mauretania, Olympic and Majestic were all retired, for the simple reason that Cunard White Star had too much tonnage, particularly with QM in the works. Olympic's retirement was relatively soon (ten and a half months) after her collision with the Lightship, but was not a result of that collision.