New Titanic Project Shopping Center in Shanghai

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2000
Hi all
I know there are a lot of plans to create another modern 1:1 Titanic replica. This new project however seems to be really concrete, because you will find an established wealthy company behind it. This company will rebuild the Titanic - but not for the sea. She (in this case: "it") will become a shopping center in Shanghai. More details you can read here:
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200202/06/eng20020206_90034.shtml
or here:
http://asia.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/east/02/05/china.titanic/
on french:
http://m6net.m6.fr/html/infos/PageDepeche020206092743.ahn667v7.xml.htm

Additional info: this project is planned to be finished in about three years.

When writing about that project the german magazine "Der Spiegel Online" showed an old graphic of the sinking Titanic and used the following words below the picture: "What an invitation for shopping"...

Regards Henning

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
I have a new Titanic project myself. The Titanic Ship of Dreams Exhibit in Orlando is in danger! Their lease will be up soon and they have no place to go. I'm trying to spark excitement in the South Florida area (particularly the Palm Beach County area) to bring the museum here. There are wonderful locations with lots of tourists from all over the world and several locations that would be fabulous. Letters of support for this project can be sent to me at P.O. Box 243918, Boynton Beach, FL 33424-3918.

All the best,
Kyrila Scully

Steve Santini

Nov 22, 2000
Dear Kyrila,
Hello,
Regarding the Ship of Dreams exhibit in Orlando, could you please tell me how you found out they are in danger of closing and the lease will soon expire? Do you know exactly when the lease runs out? I ask because I am a major exhibitor in this exhibit and many of "our" , (Titanic Concepts Inc.), artifacts are featured in "Ship" . We had heard something about a lease running out, but nothing specific. I would appreciate it if you have more details. Thank you, Steve Santini.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Sorry to scare you, Steve. The lease isn't up until August, so there's plenty of time. I thought it was going to be up sooner, but spoke to Lisa this morning to confirm. She assured me that Paul is renegotiating with The Mercado, and I have offered to be their liaison to locate suitable properties in West Palm Beach to bring the exhibit here (for purely selfish reasons, I assure you!) So not to worry yet. I suspect The Mercado will bend over backwards to keep the exhibit there if they know other counties are interested in moving it from Orlando. Email me privately for updates. I'll be glad to keep you posted.

Kyrila

May 9, 2000
hi,
yesterday I met two neighbours. I asked the one how his new bycicle is doing. He looked at me, turned to my other neighbour and said to him: "hey, didn´t you buy another car last week?".

Somehow I got the feeling of a "Dejá Vue"...

Regards Henning

Status
Not open for further replies.