New Zealand Club email address

Nick Freeman

Sep 6, 2002
Would anyone know the Auckland Titanic clubs email address ? I keep buying what I hope is original Titanic related stuff but don't want to keep emailing guys like Steve Santini to ask if it is the real deal . Any other Kiwis out there who belong to the Auckand Club ... --- ...
Thanks , Nick.

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Nick:
I'm not sure if the Auckland Titanic and Ship Enthusiasts Club still exists. I've got a few copies of "The Liner," their magazine, and if memory serves me, I received a letter from their secretary a few years ago saying they had disbanded. The editor was Ellen Butland and the secretary was John Taylor, both fom Auckland. The addresses I have for them are at least 7 years old.

Nick Freeman

Sep 6, 2002
> Thanks for your help Mike . I can try those old addresses to see if there is a forwarding address for Ellen or John . What are they ? Cheers, Nick. >

Steve Santini

Nov 29, 2000
Dear Nick,
Don't think that you are bothering me. I am only too glad to help anyone out when it comes to autheticating Titanic related objects. Keep those e mails coming and I will answer them as time permits. Kind regards, Steve Santini

Dec 6, 2000
Hi Nick,

The Auckland Titanic Club was run by Rod and Elaine Cowlin. They are still listed as 13 Watling Street, Mt Eden, Auckland 1003. Telephone number [xxxxx]. It is years since I had any contact with them. At that time they were doing other ships rather than Titanic. Whereabouts in New Zealand are you?

Lester

[Edited to remove phone number. FN]

Nick Freeman

Sep 6, 2002
Thanks Steve , I'll try to keep the email volume down but I'm on a bit of a Titanic spending spree at the moment.I got hooked at the age of 8 (how sad) after reading " A night to remember " and just can't shake it off. You know those five minute talks you do at school in front of the class , lets just say I had a topic. The same topic 5 years in a row . Oh, by the way Steve , there's another question I put on the Carpathia thread re on board china . In your own time Steve . Thanks , Nick. >

Dec 8, 2000
Nick & Lester,

For what it's worth, the contact details provided by Lester are the same as on ET's clubs and societies page. Nick, if this information turns out to be as incorrect as others fear, could you please let Phil know so he can update the page.

Nick Freeman

Sep 6, 2002
Hi Guys , I spoke to Elaine today and she tells me that the club is no longer running. She has die hard members call in and ring from time to time but as for meetings these are over. Rod ( her Husband )is fit and well . Sorry that the news isn't great. By the way Lester is Wellington part of NZ ? Just a joke Martin just a joke. Catch Ya , Nick. >

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Lester wrote:
I think Rod may have died

Nick replied:
Rod (her Husband)is fit and well. Sorry that the news isn't great.

I imagine that Rod might have a contrary view.

wink.gif

Nigel Bryant

Aug 1, 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
I was in hope that the Auckland Society would still be open. I have got an Aucklander friend who would have joined for me and he would of given me all the gossip and sent me the mags. Shame it has closed now. Might have to save up my pennys for the International Titanic Society.

All the best,

Nigel

(Another Wellingtonian)