NJNY Area ANTR on big screen 20 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
I posted this in the "Let's Meet---New Jersey" thread yesterday. I'm posting it here now in case some non-Jersey folks in the NYC area might be interested, but might not take see it in the other thread.

On 20 April, the restored Loew's Jersey movie theatre in Jersey City, New Jersey, will be showing a double feature with a Titanic theme: ANTR at 4 p.m., Cameron's Titanic at 8, and a presentation by Eaton & Hass between 7:30 and 8. Admission is $5 for each show, $8 for both.

I'll be there. Let me know if anyone else is interested so we can meet.

Details appear at
http://www.loewsjers ey.org/calendar/apri l.html#titanic

B

Bob Furmanek

Thanks Mark. Allow me to tell everyone that the Loew's Jersey is a magnificent 1929 movie palace, and is one of the last surviving theatres of its kind in the Metropolitan Area. We have completely restored the film projection booth, and all movies are presented in 35mm with original carbon arc illumination. Plus, we have recently installed a brand new, full-stage 50 foot screen. Add to that our new Sony Digital Processor for stereo sound, and you've got one terrific film presentation.

For this special event, we will also have displays in the Grand Lobby of original memorabilia from Titanic International. In addition, we have invited Helen Landsberg, daughter of Margaret Devaney O'Neill, to be our special guest. Ms. Landsberg grew up in Jersey City, and went to the Loew's quite often when she lived in the area.

We're just minutes from Mid-town Manhattan via the Path trains, and the Holland/Lincoln Tunnels. We're just a few miles from the New Jersey Turnpike as well, and ample parking is available in the lot directly behind the theatre. We're directly across the street from the Path Transportation Center, which provides easy access via bus or train from all over the region.

Don't miss this unique opportunity to see a show in "the most lavish temple of entertainment in New Jersey." Bring your friends, bring your family and enjoy the movie palace experience!

Bob Furmanek
Director of Film Programming
Loew's Jersey Theatre
www.loewsjersey.org

Status
Not open for further replies.