No Greater Love Titanic Movie

Nov 9, 2002
Hey All,
Yesterday on Lifetime TV I saw this movie called No Greater Love. It was about this 20 year old woman on the Titanic with her family and fiance. I dont know when it was made but it didnt seem too old. Its based on the book No Greater Love. Im not sure If you guys have talked about this movie yet. It took 10 minutes for the ship to sink. The graphics were pretty darn bad but you have to love it if its Titanic! Also the sinking was very fast and violent looking because the ship was practically exploding! Im not telling who dies incase you havent seen it but only about a fourth of the movie takes place on the Titanic. Some also takes place on the Queen Mary I believe. Well Ill let you all go now!

All The Best,

-Sahand

M

Melissa E. Kalson

Hi Sahand..
I know that the book is Danielle Steel's but I didn't know that a movie had been made on it. I've only partially read the book. Not enough about Titanic I suppose to keep me going
happy.gif
. Sincerely, Melissa K.

Nov 9, 2002
Hey Melissa,
Yea I also need some Titanic to get me into the rest more! Over all though it was pretty good and during the movie there were flashbacks to the sinking.

All The Best!
Sahand

Jul 31, 2008
Hello again.
I am going to bring up this old thread, because I have a question about this film.
I can see that the producers did not spend much money and effort on the Titanic sequence, many scenes taken from SOS Titanic, but then again this film is not really supposed to be about the Titanic, the disaster is only a plot device.
Anyway, my question is, could the owner of a Boston newspaper really afford travelling first class on the Titanic? Did you make that much money running a local newspaper, was it not a local paper?

Chase Pounds

Sep 7, 2016
I recently read the book and watched the movie version over this past summer. Of course the book version was much better because it was very detailed with actual events that had occurred during the incident and had real well known passengers featured in the story as well as including other historical events and figures. While the film version did not reflect much that. As a matter of fact it cuts out characters ,events and changes the setting around.The movie also contains some historical errors such as it doesn't show the ship breaking apart especially since this was a movie that was made after the wreck was discovered.

Chase Pounds

Sep 7, 2016
Also to answer your question about when it came out. The movie came out in 1996 the same year before the Miniseries came out that stared Catherine Zeta Jones and George C. Scott .