Non-Titanic Songs that Remind You of Titanic

Tim Gerard

Feb 26, 2019
In a roundabout way, "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival reminds me of the Titanic.

Because of the movie Forrest Gump, that song makes me think of the Vietnam War and people trying to get into limited spaces in the helicopters to evacuate out of Saigon. That reminds me of people trying to get into limited spaces in Titanic's lifeboats.

Tim Gerard

Feb 26, 2019
"Come Josephine in my Flying Machine" published in 1910 is another one. It's the song Rose was singing to herself floating on that door shortly before 5th Officer Lowe comes by in lifeboat 14, and there's that deleted scene before the sinking of Jack teaching her it. I came across it just now when starting to read "The Race" by Clive Cussler and my first thought was Rose trying to get Lowe's boat to come back.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 14, 2005
In a roundabout way, "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival reminds me of the Titanic.

Because of the movie Forrest Gump, that song makes me think of the Vietnam War and people trying to get into limited spaces in the helicopters to evacuate out of Saigon. That reminds me of people trying to get into limited spaces in Titanic's lifeboats.
The Vietnam vets that I hang with sometimes "Fortunate Son" is pretty much their theme song.