Normandie books

Jun 23, 2006
I have got many books on Normandie and was wondering if I have missed any so far. What titles can you guys come up with? I know there are about four fiction titles on Normandie, like The Final Voyage, but are there more?

Mar 9, 2008
Has anyone seen the Les Streater 5 volume "Normandie" book and do they think its worth the
$400.00 to buy and ship from the UK? I have several other books and would love to get this one if it was worth the price. Also, anyone one familiar with "REX "Ship of Ships" by Maurizio Eliseo? Thanks alot!

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
Rex: Ship of Ships- beautiful, but costly. However worth the price, if it wont cause you financial strain.

Eight Wonderful Days, and Transatlantici also worthwhile Italia editions. Both should cost between $50 and $75 apiece, depending on the value of the dollar.

The MUST HAVE Normandie book is the French one- I'll post the title later- available through Amazon.fr. Equally worth having is the French language Le Paquebot France. Both books are beautiful, have great photo reproduction, and are in the $50 range.

Many of my photos are in the Streater books, but I'vew not seen the end result.

Mar 9, 2008
Thanks Jim, I'm quessing the Ollivier book is in french, you don't know if there is an english edition? I've found an english ed of Rex thur Abe books. You havn't seen Les Streater "Normandie" yet?

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
Yes, the Ollivier book is in French. The text is excellent. There is no English edition, as far as I know. Worth the $ just for the photos and the appendices.

>You havn't seen Les Streater "Normandie" yet?

No.

John DeLoache

Jun 3, 2004
There is also Bill Miller's Picture History of the Normandie. There are some good photos of the interiors right after the fire but before she capsized.