Normandie Final Voyage photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approaching the Normandie at Southampton #1. The Bow
49382.jpg

Y

Yannick KERSERHO

Whaaouuu !!! What a pictures !!! Have you seen the size of the anchor ? Really nice and emotive pictures !! I'll be always amazed by its aerodynamic .

My goodness try to imagine : the nice view and the fantastic cooking which is waiting for you, you see the size of the Normandie, you see the size of the kitchen LOL !!!

Incredible picture like this ! Jim, your private collection is unbelivable !

kheyo

The tennis court, summer 1938, taken at leHavre.
Thank you, Kheyo, for the compliment on the collection. I've been at it for about a year now and have had some great fortune in finding things.
49419.jpg

M

Mike G. Anderson

Wow, these are such fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing them! How do you manage to aquire all these?

Looks can be deceiving, but isn't that someone skeet shooting of the side of the ship in one of your pictures? Unless I'm seeing this wrong, it certainly looks like that man has a shotgun, and it seems like there's a mount for a pigeon launcher to his left.

Interesting stuff...

Here is another early color photograph that has also been retouched to enhance this early attempt at color photography.

Publisher: Fabrique en France

49434.jpg

A great postcard image of the Normandie's bow while in drydock at the Builder's Yard.

Publisher; Compagnie Genereral Transatlantique - French Line / Bloe Freres, Editions - Bordeaux

49441.jpg

Y

Yannick KERSERHO

I add this one to the festival wich exists on this page.In-cre-di-ble (not the mine but all of them )!!!

kheyo
49453.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.