North Carolina Artifact Exhibit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 1999
Maybe some of us can get together when the exhibit comes to Raleigh next year. Or sooner when the exhibit goes to Richmond, Virginia in September.

May 8, 2001
Eh?
eh.gif

Virginia.. No good ... Too many Civil War sights I would have to stop and see. I'd never make it to the exhibit.
proud.gif
Keep us posted if they actually do get to Raleigh.
Colleen

May 8, 2001
To Phil's house? Yes, all 6,000 artifacts would nicely fit in his new home along side his own 6,000. Hmmm. The Big Piece may scuff up his floor and upset him though... We'll have to work on that.
We could all go there and volunteer tours and be mafia types, taking pictures at every turn. Teach Lucy to be an attack dog while we are at it. Michael (Herbold)Andretti could chauffer everyone around, Phil could answer phones, Bill could give wake up calls... Hey wait, this is sounding terribly familiar....
proud.gif

Mar 18, 2000
Colleen: Hahahahahha!

Glad to be of service! And next time I see you in person I have a little memento of our visit for you!

Of course, we'll need GB handy to take the mug shots.

As far as the Big Piece goes - we can just knock out one of Phil's walls, and put the Piece in it's place.

Mar 10, 1998
You know, about that big piece. I have this huge backyard with very little in it and I'm thinking the big piece would make a great "sculpture" mounted there permanently. And cat-squealers (little SC gray birds with black eyes that catch snakes and bugs and hang them on barbed wire) can use it to roost on.

Sep 12, 2000
Richmond in September and Raleigh next year sound like great ideas.

But Florence. Wow. Wait. Okay, GB, who is it exactly that you have in mind to provide snakes and bugs to the cat sqealers?

May 8, 2001
Good point Mo. Guess we need a ~willing~ exterminator and dog catcher.
proud.gif
Hmmm..... Well I guess those Dog Catchers have butterfly nets too... (running for cover now).
Colleen

May 8, 2001
This from the RMSTI web site. Hope it helps.

Richmond, VA
The Science Museum of Virginia
October 5 , 2002 - January 5, 2003

Sep 26, 1999
Thanks Colleen, I guess the dates were moved. It probably has something to do with the financial trouble RMS Titanic is in.

M

Melissa E. Kalson

Hello all.. Does anyone know what dates the Titanic Exhibit will be in Raleigh? We are moving to North Carolina in a couple of months. Sincerely, Melissa K. (P.S. I did see the Titanic Exhibit here in Seattle but my children didn't get a chance to go - so would love to take them to the Raleigh exhibit).

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Hi Melissa. I don't know anything about the exhibit in Raleigh, but I saw the exhibit in Seattle (quite a few times) and I just saw the "Science" exhibit in Richmond, Va at Thanksgiving time. The former was great, the latter was awful. The so called "science" exhibit was filled with MANY errors (including a hands-on display that had the ship being struck on the port side. When I asked why, I was told it was the best way to see it. huh!?!) Anyway, I'm only writing to warn that the specific name of the exhibit could signify if it's going to be worth seeing. I hadn't been aware that there were two different types of exhibits on tour. However, the gift shops at both made off with lots of my cash! :eek:
I think there is a Titanic Exhibit website. See if you can ask Tarn; he seems to still have his finger on the pulse of the exhibit scene.
Good luck. (say hi to Seattle for me. I miss it.)
-kate.

M

Melissa E. Kalson

Thanks Darren & Kate.. I guess I'll just have to wait and see when and where I can attend another exhibit once I get my family moved back east. And here's a big rainy hug for ya Kate from Seattle. I sure won't miss the rain
happy.gif
Sincerely, Melissa K.

B

Brian Hawley

Since I live just an hour from Raleigh its a shame they are not coming here! I often head to Raleigh on the weekends and would love to get a chance to see some Titanic items without driving or flying all over the nation. Melissa K. What town are you moving to in NC?

Brian in Greenville NC

Status
Not open for further replies.