Norwegian Epic

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
Norwegian Cruise Line: New ship selling like gangbusters
quote:

Norwegian Cruise Line says its newest ship, the 4,100-passenger Norwegian Epic, has been setting one booking record after another in the three weeks since its introduction in Europe.

The line says booking volumes for the 153,000-ton vessel -- by far the line's largest ever -- soared more than 50% during the week just ended on July 17 as compared to the previous two weeks (which, in turn, had seen new records for bookings on the ship).
More at:
http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2010/07/norwegian-cruise-line-new-ship-selling-like-gangbusters/100389/1

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
Is NCL About To Announce An Order For New Cruise Ships?
quote:

Rumours are flying around the cruise industry about a possible order by NCL for two new-builds with the German shipyard Meyer Werft.

We should stress that this is only a rumour at this stage; according to trade Web site cruise-community.com (subscription required), "independent industry sources" say the order would be for two ships and one option for a third, all subject to financing, with the first vessel due for delivery in 2013.
More at:
http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4079

J

James Anthony Alley

seems like a great ship i used the studio as inspiration for a similar stateroom design found here (link)

hbhbhbhbbbhb_copy1.jpg

Mar 31, 2016
Atlanta, GA
All of that stuff on the front, who thought that was a good idea? I bet the aprroval went like this.

"Oh crap."
"What?"
"I forgot about the villa class spaces. It's too late to fiddle around with the design now."
"Damn. Our customers will be so enraged. What do we do now?"
"I just had an idea, let's just tack it onto the front of the ship. I know it's not a great idea, but it's the only good option."
"Well if the passengers are happy..."

Doug Criner

Dec 2, 2009
USA
I've been on several cruises. The photos look gaudy. When this ship pulls into a third-world Caribbean port with its 4,100 passengers, there will have to be over 60 tour busses lined up on the pier, waiting. No thanks. This type of cruise will be popular with bowling leagues, etc. We just want peace and quiet - we'll cruise on a small ship or, if necessary, we'll just stay at home.