Not exactly a Titanic question

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kristy Asao

Hello everyone,

If anyone knows of this Information I'd appreciate it or them!

It has to have happened, AT LEAST ONCE, don't ya think?
Has there ever been a FALSE ALARM on a SHIP(Ocean Liner, or not. But, please, say IF it's not an Ocean Liner) that got passengers alarmed and/or had the crew members readying lifeboats ONLY to find out that it was a FALSE ALARM and everyone was SAFE on the SHIP??

THANKS ahead of time for your replies to me!

Sincerely Kristy!

C

Cátia Lamy

Hi Kristy!

I don't think that this is what you're asking for but...
On sunday, 14th April 1912 (the day Titanic sank!) there was scalled an exercise for an emergency situation. Like, call the passengers, put them into the boats, etc, etc. But, because it was scalled to the church hour and Captain Smith never missed it, that exercise was completely forgotten and never took place. Not the exercise... but some hours later the emergency took place and 1523 people including the Captain Smith himself have lost their lifes. Maybe if they had make the exercise the officers would know that the boats where tested with the weight of 70 men and that way they had put more people on the boats and could have tried to save more than 1 000 people.... maybe if they had took that exercise thay would know how to managed the boats and get them down and would have taken less time and that way there would be time to put ALL the boats on water with security and not like the collapsibles were put down... maybe if they had took that exercise the 45 children who died could be alive today, they could even, like someone said before, be the cientist who had discover the medicine for some bad sikness around the world like AIDS. We will never know, who those boys and girls would be just if Cap. Smith had took that exercise...! Just think of it...

Best regards,
Cátia Lamy

Status
Not open for further replies.