Ocean Liner pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Lee

A colleague at work has ammassed a collection of encyclopedia volumes from 1913, 1923/27 and 1937 which include a lot of pictures of ocean liners. She wanted to post them to a newsgroup so that everyone can enjoy them, but there isn't one - other than this wonderful website, is there a suitable website that would allow pictures to be uploaded?

Thanks a lot!

Paul

Paul Lee

Got the pictures! There are dozens of them, mostly pictures that I feel are in the public domain. There are three Olympic pictures (keel being laid, the cellular double skin, and a nice shot of the boat deck looking down the hull with the signal flags fluttering above the funnels), one Mauretania picture (the ship leaving port), the Vaterland being built, a few of the Aquitania, and loads of general shots of liners and ships, including some nice ones from other White Star Liners.

I'm still going through them!

Best wishes
Paul

Paul Lee

Hi Chris,
neither really. A friend scanned them in from some very old encyclopedias and emailed them to me. I'll put a few on the board over the next few days!

Cheers

Paul

Paul Lee

Hi Chris,
I think you will need to speak to your ISP and find out the address of your mail server, which will enable you to view the pictures. I've looked on www.deja.com, but they don't see to have that newsgroup

Cheers

Paul

Paul Lee

Alright, I am having difficulty accessing tha newsgroup, so heres what I'll do. If anyone wants the pictures (and there are megabytes of them- so you'll need a fast broadband link!), email my work address
paul.x.lee@baesystems.com and I'll sned them in. It might take a few days though; we have a bloke from IBM in in the next few days with the usual sales spiel
sad.gif

Thanks

Paul

Paul Lee

Hi Chris,
Sent the pictures to you, but your mailbox got a bit full and wouldn't accept any more piccies!

Cheers

Paul

N

Nicolas Roughol

Thanks for the pictures Paul
happy.gif

Quite a few were unknown to me...

J

Jacqueline Meffen

Could you please forward the photos to me , I am most interested in the white star line ships
Thanks
Jacquie
hr@pizza73.com

Paul Lee

I think it would be best if I placed them on a public FTP site for people to download - the only problem is I don't have one! Can any kind person donate a bit of space on their server?

Best wishes

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.