Oceanic III

B

Brent Holt

That does not look like the Belgenland at all to me. It does look like a crude model of Oceanic III, though.

Jul 26, 2006
The funnels and masts have been sawed down to the same level (perhaps for storage purposes?), But I am certain the model is either Belgenland or her unbuilt sister 'Nederland'(H&W Yd No.469). The arrangement of the promenades and superstructures only match them. Oceanic would likely have had a streamlined single superstucture, and four screws (necessary for speeds in excess of 21 knots). Someone, somewhere has misidentified this model as oceanic.

T

Timothy Trower

I'm not an expert on the Belgenland, but it sure doesn't look like any variation of the Oceanic III.

Ryan Thompson

Dec 6, 2005
That B&W image of the model, where's that from? Is that one of H&W's models? Really interesting.

NICE model Richard! Cool! How big (L, W, H) did you say that came to?

Jun 13, 2006
Hi Ryan, thanks for your kind words. The model is 813mm long, 87mm wide and 122mm high (approx) to the top of the funnels at 1/350 scale.

Jun 13, 2006
The H&W builders model posted above is almost certainly Belgenland. Compare the aft superstructure and open and enclosed prom decks of the model to any photo of Belgenland on the net and you will see that they match perfectly.

That model is definitely NOT Oceanic.

Cheers, Rich