Oceanos complete sinking video availability

Apr 27, 2005
I was wondering if anyone has a link to purchase of the complete "Oceanos" sinking video? I saw a small portion of the final plunge on Discovery Channel a few nights ago. I want to see the uninterrupted sinking, particularly as the stern disappears and the aftermath. Anyone have a reference?

Apr 27, 2005
The activity in the other question area regarding the well documented sinking of "Oceanos" make me inquire once more. Does anyone have a reference for purchase of a video or DVD that includes footage of the last few minutes of filling and sinking of this vessel?

rob scott

May 4, 2004
now that's just incredible, I didn't see it on cable so only just now; that crew and skipper run off like that? and leave everyone? and two entertainers must marshall the passengers into lifeboats til the ship heels over? and then copper harness rescues- brilliant and incredible- I sure hope that skipper was prosecuted ;)

May 27, 2007
I remember this event because it happened in August of 1991. I had just turned 14 that month and had came back to school when Channel 1 (Cable in the Classroom) did a story on it. I remember everybody talking about it in school about the Captain leaving all those Passengers to fend for themselves. Info here on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanos

May 27, 2007
That's nothing Michael,

The Captain Of The Oceanos was quoted in a New York Newspaper as saying that he left the ship and passengers because he said that ounce the order was given to abandon ship he was not obligated to remain with the ship so he left with his Officers in one life boat and took another lifeboat filled with luggage. He now says that he never gave an interview at all to the New York Newspaper and that he left the ship and passengers with his luggage and immediate staff so that he could supervise the rescue attempts from land. Folks who give the Duff Gordon's and Ismay a hard time should take a look at this case. The only ones left on board who helped to save the passengers were Stewards plus the engineers(?) and a Magician and another Entertainer. What Shenanigans!