OCEANOS

J

Jamil Sepulveda

hello
I went to all of the sites, theyre very interesting. So on the Oceanos who was filming?
was it a passenger? Or was it the rescuers?
not that it matters, im just wondering,
bye

jamil

A

Andrew Johnston

of course it matters, bud! lol

there is TONS of footage, some from people on the ship, the footage of the actual complete sinking by rescuers, and some from nearby rescue ships.

J

Jamil Sepulveda

happy.gif
yeah, Thats really cool that the sinking of the ship was actually recorded. I was just looking up some of the sites posted on this thread and theres alot of pictures of this ship as it was sinking as well as where it now lies at the bottom of the sea. So then it was obviously discovered. Ive been looking up mores info on the ship, well C ya

jamil

A

Andrew Johnston

well it will come out on DVD and video later this year, considering it is part of many series'...

i will do ANYTHING to get it on video/DVD!

A

Andrew Johnston

/_\
|
|
|
-------- The ABOVE LINK is no longer a site on the OCEANOS. It is now a site about my Lego Ships.

A

Andrew Johnston

Well, my video of the sinking which I ordered from the archives has arrived!

FASCINATING!

A

Andrew Johnston

I just received footage that I ordered straight from South Africa's archives.

A

Andrew Johnston

Definitely. Very dramatic. At the end they show a news report with an army processional in Pretoria, the capital, which is unfortunately, in Afrikaans. Also, they interview the passengers (in English)... Interesting to see the on-land footage too...

Very dramatic footage... I am getting it converted overnight into a DVD.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask.

M

Michael O'Mahoney

Hello and thanks for granting me membership to your website. I was a passenger on the Oceanos 13 years ago when it sank off Coffee Bay. Quite an experience and one not to be repeated by choice.Your website is very interesting and one that I will monitor regularly.
Regards
Michael O'Mahoney.

A

Alex McLean

Wow Michael, I must say that that is amazing. It is great that you've dropped by to chat about the Oceanos, I'm looking forward to seeing your posts on the subject.
Enjoy your time on the board!
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Quite an experience and one not to be repeated by choice.<<

Always nice to hear from somebody who was there for the events in question. I've never had any ship sink from beneath me, but I've been involved in a major fire at sea that could have resulted in the total destruction of the vessel had it reached the ammunition magazines. Fortunately, the fire parties did a wonderful job of keeping it confined to the main machinary room where it all started.

It's not something I'd care to repeat either.

Mar 27, 2005
Oceanos fans

I'm looking for a video or dvd's with the interview with the captain of Oceanos where he was telling the reason why he left the ship before all the passengers. Is anyone out there who can guide me where to find such dvd's but I have seen that on several TV channels.

Capt. Hilmar Snorrason