Odd bidding going on for these Titanic autographs

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest (R17)

This is something I will stay away from - but what is going on with the bidding ? Someone has bid 12 times yet the price has not gone up !

What I do not understand about this item, is this. These autographs are on little bits of paper - like someone would have asked them to sign a blank scrap of paper for the purpose of an autograph. Yet these people were hardly Captain Smith.....Why would someone in 1912 or before seek autographs from Captains of fairly unknown ships ?

If it was because of the Titanic then I’m sure both captains would hardly have gone about happily autographing things over a subject that questioned there name and honour ?

Maybe they are taken from other documents - surly it would have been better to leave the documents intact for obvious reasons. I will go along with some isolated autographs from a big auctions house — maybe ! As some of these are known to be cut from official documents of the period. But not this. I wonder if someone is going to come along and buy this at the last second.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2248144533&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

G

Guest (R17)

I think it is safe to say from what I have found out - that the bidders and the seller are in truth all Frank from the-history-place. He must have about 3 accounts. Very good reason to believe this. Not going mad !

Anyway
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.