Oddest and silliest scene in a Titanic movie

May 12, 2009
There's probably no consensus on this, but for me it has to be the scene in the 1943 Nazi film, where a mob of steerage passengers march themselves up to the 1st Class dining where your standard anachronistic Titanic flick rich people dance party (TM) takes place and demand to know why the engines have stopped.

So odd and surreal... And wrong for so many, many, many reasons. EEEGAH!!!

So, what's yours weirdest moment in a Titanic film? I'm guess the Tim Curry rapefest from the CBS mini-series will rear its ugly head on more than one occasion, LOL. ;-)

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
For me by far the silliest scene in any Titanic movie was in James Cameron's 1997 version where the Jack & Rose "reunite" after death, surrounded on the balcony by the 'ghosts' cheering dead passengers. It would have been funny if it was not so nauseatingly stupid.

Mind you, the "take a few practice swings first" scene was not that far behind.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>where the Jack & Rose "reunite" after death, surrounded on the balcony by the 'ghosts' cheering dead passengers. <<

How about "This is where we met!" as the ship is coming apart and the stern is sinking beneath their feet?

May 12, 2009
Okay, let's not turn this into one big happy James Cameron "Titanic" bashing session. Diversify, people! There are more Titanic movies out there, sheesh!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Try the part on Titanic 1953 when the ship is shown tearing a hole in her port side when she struck the iceberg. Even in a flick that was notably indifferent to anything which might be taken for historical accuracy, this was just plain dumb.

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
>>>>> Try the part on Titanic 1953 when the ship is shown tearing a hole in her port side when she struck the iceberg.<<<<<

Maybe the director's camera had a mirror instead of a lens?

May 12, 2009
In the epilogue of the Nazi version, there's a major hoot of a scene when the Nazi Mrs. Strauss is reunited with the Nazi Mr. Strauss and runs to him across the courtroom, screaming "JAAAN!!! JAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!! JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!"

May 3, 2005
>>Try the part on Titanic 1953 when the ship is shown tearing a hole in her port side when she struck the iceberg. Even in a flick that was notably indifferent to anything which might be taken for historical accuracy, this was just plain dumb.<<

Or that WWII rubber life raft that keeps showing up in Titanic 1953. This is even just plain dumber.

Erin Hopkins

Apr 11, 2009
Titanic, the animated movie. That whole movie had me chuckling and shaking my head.

The whole Murdoch/Lightoller being combined into one person. And we shall call him **cue dramatic music** Murtoller! They could've at least made up their minds with the guy's hair color. Oddly enough I think this guy gets the most lines in the movie. I could be wrong though...

I was also amused that the officers had these gold stars on their hats.

For some reason I'm in a bit of a goofy mood this afternoon and those two things made me laugh. After all that's going on at home I'll take them when I can get them.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
The death of Jack was a giggle. Ever been to sea on a dark night?

Lowe calling for survivors and getting an echo was a hoot.

Has anybody checked to see if the infamous fall onto the propeller was physically possible? A model and a piece of string would soon test it.

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
>>>>>> Actually, he was more of a Murdoch/Lightoller/Hitchens combo. <<<<<<<

Was the ship a Titanic & Lusitania combo too? A TITANIA perhaps? It could have been hit by an ice torpedo!

May 12, 2009
"Lowe calling for survivors and getting an echo was a hoot."

The "echo" was actually all in Rose's head...

*SIGH* I should've known this would turn into a sill 1997 version bashing session... Sad.

Nov 26, 2005
>>Try the part on Titanic 1953 when the ship is shown tearing a hole in her port side when she struck the iceberg. Even in a flick that was notably indifferent to anything which might be taken for historical accuracy, this was just plain dumb.<<

Especially dumb when you stop and think that they showed (above the surface) the ship hitting the iceberg on the correct side.

Nov 26, 2005
>>I'm guess the Tim Curry rapefest from the CBS mini-series will rear its ugly head on more than one occasion, LOL. ;-)<<

Well, you have to admit that that scene is one of the most misplaced, inappropriate and all-out crappy scenes ever put into a Titanic flick. Him prowling after her and making the remarks about her that he did was more than enough to get the point across without having to go into that now infamous shower scene.

May 12, 2009
LOL, how about a later scene in the mini-series where Alice the Psycho Nanny snatches baby Trevor and runs off with him as Bess Allison screams down the hallway that she forgot the "sugar water."

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
>>>>>> Try the part on Titanic 1953 when the ship is shown tearing a hole in her port side when she struck the iceberg.
Especially dumb when you stop and think that they showed (above the surface) the ship hitting the iceberg on the correct side.<<<<<<

Maybe the Titanic showed the other cheek after the first impact?

May 3, 2005
"All of the above/preceding postings"

But where would us nitpickers be if it wasn't for "Titanics" 1953 and 1997...and not to mention a few others ? LOL.