Officers after the disaster

Scott Mills

Jul 10, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Can someone suggest where I might find a record of Titanic's officers post disaster with White Star and Cunard White Star?

I know a little about this already, but am looking for more exact records of the time spent on individual ships and the ranks they were serving on them as.

Cheers.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
For Lightoller and Lowe, there are excellent biographies by Patrick Stenson and Inger Sheil respectively. Plus of course Lights' own autobiography. I don't know of any equally detailed sources for the careers of Boxhall and Pitman, but there are entries for both in Wikipedia which provide the basics.

Scott Mills

Jul 10, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
For Lightoller and Lowe, there are excellent biographies by Patrick Stenson and Inger Sheil respectively. Plus of course Lights' own autobiography. I don't know of any equally detailed sources for the careers of Boxhall and Pitman, but there are entries for both in Wikipedia which provide the basics.
Bob,

Thanks very much for this! I have Lightoller's memoir, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I'm currently 2/3rds of the way through Col Gracie's book and have just finished Lawrence Beasley's book. I have read bits and pieces about the officers here and there enough to know generally where they ended up. I just wanted more detail, which I'm sure those biographies could provide.

I also could have followed wiki cites (I want way more detail than provided just in the articles there,) but strangely hadn't thought of doing that yet.

Scott, have you tried Ancestry.com? Also this Ellis Island - FREE Port of New York Passenger Records Search It's showing a Joseph Groves Boxhall aboard the Cedric in 1919...but as a passengers(?). Here is an example of a search on Boxhall at FamilySearch:
https://www.familysearch.org/search...20&query=+givenname:joseph~ +surname:boxhall~
J,

What an excellent idea! I hadn't thought of doing this specifically for Titanic, but I have used those resources to obsessively inquire about the ships my great-grandmother, my great-great grandfater and grandmother, and my 3rd greats (on the same side) used to cross back and forth across the Atlantic. They were quite wealthy, something I learned later in life (alas no money for me!) and traveled a lot--so the list is huge, and then I start trying to find out what I can about the ships...

Anyway, you get the picture. It is a very keen observation that I could also use these resources for my Titanic inquiries.