Official reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

sally martin

Nov 5, 2004
We have a copy of a book issued by H.M.S.O. Printed on the outside of this leather bound volume is:- REPORTS. Manning 1896, Titanic 1912, Boats and Davits 1913, Bulkheads 1914, International Conventions 1914, and LSA Rules 1914.
There are diagrams and charts in some of the sections.
It was printed by Darling and son.
I am finding it difficult to track a similar copy.I have managed to find the manning of merchant ships and boats and davits, but these are individual reports and not part of a volume.
Can anybody give us some information on this book or point us in the direction of someone who can. Many thanks

Oct 13, 2000
Hi Sally,
As this book has articles spanning several years, my guess is that these various reports were bound together by someone who wanted these articles combined into one volume. If my guess is right, then there are probably few to no copies other than this one.

Alternately, it is possible that the HMSO published these reports together, since most appear to be Titanic related. If that is the case, then there could be other copies, but it is still likely it will be rare.

Wish I could be more specific, but hopefully that helps you some.
all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

sally martin

Nov 5, 2004
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. I had wondered if this book was quite rare as i had not been able to trace any info. I may try finding out about the printers and if they are still operational. They may have some records of copies made. If you can think of anywhere or anyone that can help in our quest i would be extremely grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.