OLYMPIC ART ON PC

Apr 23, 2002
This was created using the Windows Paint Program - It depicts Olympic at Southampton docks. Very simple - anyone could do it:

36157.jpg

D

Daniel Odysseus

Yeah, Greg... Very good...

I'm working on a Paint program picture of Titanic... I created the bow portion plunging under at around 1:30 or so, but I'm trying to recreate the rest of the ship now... Difficult...

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Greg,
You drew THAT in Paint?

*shakes head*

Man... you're too good for your own good! : )

I don't tend to have much luck with Paint. Pixel-based drawing is a pain for me, I prefer vector-based. Keep it up!

Josh.

Feb 21, 2003
That's one beautiful job you did, Greg...but that gold stripe is in the wrong place. It should be higher up and bordering the white part between the black hull part of the ship...like on her sister ship, Titanic. But then again, that's just my opinion.

Tammy

Jan 5, 2001
Hi!

Tammy, Olympic's stripe was different to her sisters' after 1921. Greg hasn't given a date so it may be any time after then.

Best regards,

Mark.

A

Alex McLean

The stripe is lower than on Olympic before the war on the Majestic too. It must have just been a different livery applied after the war, although quite a few White Star ships had a lowered yellow stripe before 1910.