Olympic Parisian Cafe

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi All,

I am currently working on a color version of Olympic's Parisian Cafe and I noticed it was tiled - see below:

118346.jpg

Can anyone tell me the likely color scheme of these tiles?

Best Regards,

Brian

B

Brian O'Dell

I'm prettey sure it's light green. At least it says that in my Oylimpic book.

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Brian,

Does the book happen to tell you if the walls were painted white or stained oak, in the photo they appear to be off white, I was'nt sure. Mark Churnside told me they were white and I have every reason to believe this.

Thanks,

Brian

May 3, 2005
I've seen various coloured post cards and the tiles have been shown as alternating squares of white and black , yellow and brown or white and green.

The wicker furniture has also been shown as white or natural wood colour.

The walls were painted white with green trellises with green potted palms and green vines growing on the trellises.

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Robert,

Do you have any of these colored card that I can use as reference, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks,

Brian

May 3, 2005
Hi Brian,

The reference was to a picture on page 58 in the Don Lynch/Ken Marschall book "Titanic - An Illusrated History" showing "First Class Verandah Cafe.":

White painted wicker furniture; deck tiles alternating tan and dark brown. White overhead and bulkheads with dark green trellises. Potted palms. The photo also shows the revolving door at one end of the cafe. There also appears to be what might have a conical shaped, red, fire extinguisher on the bulkhead at the end of the cafe. (Page 58)

Photo of Cafe Parisien is black and white. Appears to be sort of a carpet runner down the center over planking type deck. Furniture appears to be dark color. (Page 59)

These also show in less detail on the large three-page foldout of the entire ship. (Pages 48, 49, 50)

Regards,
Robert

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Robert,

Yes, I know the colors of the Verandah Cafes, but the Parisian Cafe is what interests me here. The photo in Illustrated History was taken in the 1920's when the trellis and furniture were stained oak, whereas the one I am working with is when the Cafe was installed in 1913