Olympic Postcard - Canadian Exp. Force Return Voyage-January 1919

R

R Guy

Hello

This Card is in poor condition but it is from The Olympic voyage from January 11th to January 17th 1919.

This is from the estate of a Machine Gunner in the Manitoba Division and veteran of Vimy Ridge. He stored it in a German wallet he captured at the Battle
IMG 20210328 0001

Best Regards
Rob

J

John A. Zdanowicz

I have this card although mine is in considerably better condition. Interesting the ship is designated H.M.S. Olympic. I also have a similar one for a voyage from June 7 to June 13, 1919 and on that one the ship is designated H.M.T. Olympic.

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

I have some cool photos from that voyage I can show tomorrow, if anyone is interested

Bo Bowman

Bo Bowman

I gather the ships were called into national service during wartime. HMT = Her Majesty's Transport? HMS might be a little presumptive, but leads to another question. Were these liners armed in wartime? Or was speed their best defense?

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

Hello

This Card is in poor condition but it is from The Olympic voyage from January 11th to January 17th 1919.

This is from the estate of a Machine Gunner in the Manitoba Division and veteran of Vimy Ridge. He stored it in a German wallet he captured at the BattleView attachment 76094.

Best Regards
Rob
awesome Rob!!