Olympic Titanic and Britannic photographs on the web

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi all,

Their is a website that is offering photographs of the Titanic and her sister ships. The photos are from the archive of the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum. They are selling these terrific photos at very reasonable prices.

For more information, go to www.poni-express.com

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

M

Melissa E. Kalson

Hi Jason.. Hey I just saw that site the other day. That's fantastic. I've got to purchase some of those beautiful photos for my collection. Thanks for sharing this anyway.. I don't know how many know of this site. After all I just discovered it by accident. Sincerely, Melissa K.

Dec 7, 2000
These photos are going for 12 pounds each. I ordered them for less than half the price directly from the UFTM. I got mine for less than 5 pounds each. Those to whom the European goods tax applies can get them for 5.49 pounds ... or at least such were the prices a year ago.

M

Melissa E. Kalson

Hi Jason.. Say you were in Ireland last year.. Can you tell me a bit about where Ulster might be in relation to Dublin? I know next to nothing about Ireland (even though I have some Irish in me). I'm possibly going to Dublin in October of this year. At least let's say it's in the works. If it isn't too far then I'd just go to the museum and buy them and would be happy to pick some up for you guys. (Providing I go of course..
happy.gif
Sincerely, Melissa K.

P

Patricia Bowman Rogers Winship

I just e-mailed the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum website with a polite comment on one of their offerings. Like many, many books and websites, they've got that photo of the Olympic's officers mis-identified as the Titanic's officers. Now, I should think their lot would want to get it right!

Pat W.

M

Melissa E. Kalson

Hi Pat.. I noticed that too. Isn't it amazing that despite the knowledge we now have on that photo, people are still willing to use it knowing that it is being mis-represented? Sincerely, Melissa K.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hey Melissa,

Ulster is north east from Dublin, but I'm not sure how far in km. It's right on the tip of the east coast.

So you have some Irish in you as well, huh? So do I.
happy.gif
Whereabouts is your family from? I think mine is from the north, but I'm not positive.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

P

Patricia Bowman Rogers Winship

Hi, Jason and Melissa

I received a very prompt e-mail from the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum. They will change the identification on that picture the next time they update their website, which one hopes will be soon. I also asked Inger to contact them, since she's the real authority on the subject.

Pat W.