OLYMPIC & TITANIC The Truth Behind The Conspiracy

M

Matthew Lips

Personally, I think this book has had an effect on the conspiracy theory equivalent to a nuclear blast. I.e. blown it to Kingdom Come and then some.

Not that everybody will be be convinced who wants to carry on clutching at straws, but just how Gardiner has managed to spin this horsepoop out over three volumes is beyond me. What on earth awaits us in part three of this seemingly endless stream of fiction?

I shudder to think, but when the time comes I just know that curiosity will get the better of me, I will buy the thing, and add a few quid to the author's wallet.

Just shoot me now, please...

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Well Matthew, I suppose you could always wait until it hits the remainders shelves or turns up secondhand somewhere. You won't have to ask anyone to shoot you, and you'll still be able to have the tome handy so you know what's being said.
Wink

Mark Chirnside

Mark Chirnside

Hi!

I have to add my comments to this thread, and second the many comments above. Steve and Bruce's book has broken new ground and delivered, in many respects, an unprecedented amount of new information -- particularly on the technical side of the two sisters' construction.

A fine book from two fine gentlemen and researchers.

Best wishes,

Mark.

M

Mindy Deckard

I know that this has been said several times over but I really, completely enjoyed this book.

It truly is thumbing its nose to Gardiner's book.

Or, in more colorful terms, can you see Steve and Bruce sticking their tongues out at Robin Gardiner and blowing raspberries...Nah, Nah, Nah...your absurd theory is disproven...Nah, nah...

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

>>It truly is thumbing its nose to Gardiner's book. <<

It does more then that. It takes an outstandingly silly idea, rips it to shreds, slices and dices it, feeds it to the shredder and burns what's left.

R

Roy Mengot

RIP
The sad thing is that book has been out there long enough to where the technical community will still have to re-answer the question, "Was there a swap?" endless times. We still have to re-answer questions that came out of the 1912 hearings because reporters and people didn't understand the technical answer.

Regards
Roy Mengot

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

>>We still have to re-answer questions that came out of the 1912 hearings because reporters and people didn't understand the technical answer.<<

That and they didn't even bother checking the transcripts themselves. A breathtaking oversight since they've been available on line for years!

P

Paul Lee

Shame, I'd have loved to have met up with you all, but the BTS Convention clashes with the 96th anniversary events in Southampton next year.

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

>>If all goes well, all the authors will be at next years BTS gathering in April.<<

And hopefully, with both books on the table available for purchase. I just wish I could make it but my resources are not what they were.

J

John Creamer

Paul, although I appreciate you will not be able to meet the authors, feel free to join our group in Southampton next year for the 96th anniversary events.

M

Michael Cundiff

I hope that the book does mention the fact that aside from the 401 encised on T's prop...the French submersible NAUTILE also consumed much of a particular dive, revealing the 18" (encised) letters T I T A N I C on her portside upper hull works. As video revealed on the "live" 1987 (Joslyn) telecast..."Retun to the Titanic" live from Paris, France.

As an aside...the revealing of the portside letters is also accounted in Jenifer Carter's writing.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Steven Hall

Steven Hall

Ralph White was in the submersible on that occasion, and they used an old broom to push aside the rust on the port side letters. I'd spoken to him about that exact trip to the wreck in a telephone conversation with him years before the books release.
Olympic could have easily have had starboard wing and port wing props with 401 on them.
There were many other things on the wreck that could be used to identify what ship it was quite easily. The book covers them.
If Bruce or myself ever got an opportunity to dive to the wreck, we could investigate other areas of interest — especially to those most interested in the structural side of the ship itself. Perhaps one day we maybe invited to an expedition to the wreck. We can only see what happens in the future.
We have a new 600 + technical book due out in the UK in Dec. this year. Onboard with us in this publication, our research partners Scott Andrews, Daniel Kistorner and Art Braunschweiger.

Steve

J

John Creamer

Hello Paul,

You will both be most welcome. Sorry, I know I'm going off the main thread here, so I will contact you privately with details, and what preliminary Info I have from Southampton Council regarding the 96th Anniversary events.

If anyone else wishes to join our Titanic group for next April, then I can be contacted on [email protected]

Regards,