Olympic's location during Britannic's sinking

WestRail642fan

Average Fan of RMS Titanic
Jul 15, 2014
United Kingdom
This might be a silly question, but is it recorded anywhere as to where Olympic was when Britannic struck the mine and later sank and if or when was Olympic's crew told of Britannic's loss?

Thank you in advance.

Thomas Krom

Nov 22, 2017
Good day to you,

The HMT Olympic arrived in Liverpool on the 20th of November 1916 from Halifax, one day before the Britannic struck the mine and sadly sank which robbed her from her career as an ocean liner as well as taking 30 lives with her. She stayed in Liverpool for 12 days, including the 21st of November, and left for Halifax on the 2nd of December.

The source for this is this excellent website: His Majesty's Transport: 1915-1919 - Currell.net.

I hope this helped.

Reactions: 1 user

WestRail642fan

Average Fan of RMS Titanic
Jul 15, 2014
United Kingdom
Good day to you,

The HMT Olympic arrived in Liverpool on the 20th of November 1916 from Halifax, one day before the Britannic struck the mine and sadly sank which robbed her from her career as an ocean liner as well as taking 30 lives with her. She stayed in Liverpool for 12 days, including the 21st of November, and left for Halifax on the 2nd of December.

The source for this is this excellent website: His Majesty's Transport: 1915-1919 - Currell.net.

I hope this helped.
Thank you, this has indeed helped. :)