Olympics's Tourist Class Dance Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a brief posting regarding the Tourist Class Dance Floor (also referred to as ‘Dining Area’) on Olympic. I am assuming that the décor was relatively simple compared to other public rooms, but it is hard to imagine whether it was a more modern style and if so, how modern. I did imagine some decorative scheme similar to that of the Café Parisian, or rather one of the Café’s schemes, but cannot find any sources at present. The number of chairs, sofas, tables and the large dance floor in this class seems to lend credence to this line of thinking.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark.

Any help would *still* be appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark.
wink.gif

E

Eric Marshall Schoonmaker

Mark,

I've3 got a drawing of the dancing room but have no access to it right now as it is on zip disk and this computer doesn't use zip disks. But in regasrds to your question I do believe the dance floor to be very similar to the cafe parisian. I remember in the picture there are the palm plants near the support posts and smoking chairs for the gentlemen. THe floor had carpeting and there was a view of the doorway as well i believe. I will get this picture posted as soon as posible, but uinfortunately that may take a few days.
sad.gif

Best of luck with your search.
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.