On A Sea Of Glass Real Time Sinking Animation

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

Like Roy Mengot and the book On A Sea Of Glass the ship most likely did break into three or four pieces with the forward and aft tower breaking off from the stern as shown in the animation.
Personally, I think the Aft tower stayed with the stern, because if the Deckhouse debris was somehow flung southeast, then why is the (aft) Tower only a couple hundred feet north of the Stern?

I talked to Bill again. He said there is no Forward tower, it’s just the Deckhouse debris. Roy misnamed it. The Aft tower is pretty much just “the tower”.

Michael-McDonnell

Michael-McDonnell

Personally, I think the Aft tower stayed with the stern, because if the Deckhouse debris was somehow flung southeast, then why is the (aft) Tower only a couple hundred feet north of the Stern?

I talked to Bill again. He said there is no Forward tower, it’s just the Deckhouse debris. Roy misnamed it. The Aft tower is pretty much just “the tower”.
It's possible the mid section the forward and aft towers were shattered to pieces and scattered everywhere on the sea floor due to the violent nature of the break up or due the the stern imploding.

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

It's possible the mid section the forward and aft towers were shattered to pieces and scattered everywhere on the sea floor due to the violent nature of the break up or due the the stern imploding.
both pieces sit together on their own. The "Forward" tower was misnamed, it doesn't sit up like the "aft" tower does. Another name for the Forward tower is the deckhouse debris, because it consists of the Third Funnel uptake of the Third Funnel down to E-Deck. Parks Stephenson himself called it a "Big ugly pile of junk." The (aft) Tower is called so because it sits up like a 3 story apartment building.

the Tower consists of the decking around the Engine Casing, i.e A-37, A-36, The Aft Grand Staircase, the Barber's Shop on C-Deck. I myself found a remaining piece of catwalk that was lying near the base of the tower, and Bill verified it.

Aft Tower, courtesy of Bill Sauder.

Aft Tower Sonar Courtesy of Bill Sauder 2010

I hope this helps :)

Michael-McDonnell

Michael-McDonnell

both pieces sit together on their own. The "Forward" tower was misnamed, it doesn't sit up like the "aft" tower does. Another name for the Forward tower is the deckhouse debris, because it consists of the Third Funnel uptake of the Third Funnel down to E-Deck. Parks Stephenson himself called it a "Big ugly pile of junk." The (aft) Tower is called so because it sits up like a 3 story apartment building.

the Tower consists of the decking around the Engine Casing, i.e A-37, A-36, The Aft Grand Staircase, the Barber's Shop on C-Deck. I myself found a remaining piece of catwalk that was lying near the base of the tower, and Bill verified it.

View attachment 77222

Also the area on the stern wreck where the aft tower would be there big engines exposed.
62580d547bca37c971044ddb74d1462f

Michael-McDonnell

Michael-McDonnell

View attachment 77222

You already explained the aft tower in another thread, sorry.

Jim Currie

Jim Currie

Eiffel built one, Babel had one London has one...the one in the movie burned down and submarines used one to con, but Titanic didn't have any. Nor had Olympic or any of the other "pics". To what am I referring?:rolleyes: