On Similiar Disasters and Artifacts

Jan 21, 2008
GHOSTS OF THE ABYSS was a fascinating experience for me until the moment when Cameron and crew came to the surface to encounter September 11th. He was correct to call and compare it to the Titanic as defining disasters of respective centuries.

Earlier, a crewman on a submarine said we shall never know what the passengers felt standing on those decks in 1912.

I know.
I was on the 101st floor of the South Tower in the World Trade Center on September 11th. Worked for Aon Group and walked down immediately to floor 74 which is where I was when the second tower was impacted. I was standing four floors beneath the fireball.

With this in mind, I am not opposed at all to bringing up artifacts because, in time, it is all we shall have to remember the ship, and the passengers and crew, as all else is gone. The surviving parts of the towers, papers, id badges, etc should all be preserved for the same reason.

A day is coming when TITANIC and her surviving, sunken sister will be nothing but a rust stain on the ocean floor, and even that will be history soon thereafter.

Remember them.
Do not forget them ever.
And keep what remains in view and in mind and heart.
April 12, 1912 and September 11, 2001.

Reactions: Lena1985

PRR5406

Jun 9, 2016
Maine
And yet 48 crushed and mangled people were ground into the ocean floor when the "Andrea Doria" sank, yet nobody seems to worry about ghosts and spirits dwelling on the "Doria". She's collapsed into a bowl cut melon on her own.