Onboard the QE2 tomorrow April 232003

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Tomorrow April 23,2003 I will be boarding the QE2 for 2 consecutive cruises to the Caribbean and then to Bermuda.So that means I'll be aboard the QE2 for 17 straight days from April 23rd to May 10th.If anyone is interested I'll be sending reports to this website. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Have a great trip, Jerry. Look forward to your post. Be sure and tell us how your trip is progressing, and your thoughts about the QE2.

Hope to see you this time, next year, in New York.

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Thanks John,I will posting reports on this website and during the first cruise to the Caribbean,Pamela Conover who is the Chief Operating Officer of the Cunard Line will give more information about the Queen Mary 2 to passengers who are Cunard World Club members and I am a Cunard World Club member so I will post information on what she says about the QM2.On the second consecutive cruise to Bermuda on the QE2 there will be passengers who are maritime enthusiasts from various maritime socities such as the Steamship Historical Society of America,World Ship Society-Port of New York Branch.I am a member of these 2 societies and also the National Maritime Historical Society of which I'm not a member of.I will post reports also during the Bermuda Cruise on the QE2 about the activities of the members of the various maritime socities.There will also be lectures given by maritime historians during the Bermuda Cruise. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

G

Geoffrey Todd Bennett

Hi Jerry,
I live in Fort Lauderdale and I believe this is your next stop on the 25th. I live about 3 miles from the port and plan on coming down to see the ship, albeit from the outside. Unless one Titanic fan decides to help another Titanic fan get an inside look at the QE2???? (HINT)
Todd

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Hello John,Geoffrey and Alex,Well Geoffrey I don't think that Cunard would let passengers invite friends aboard the ship for security reasons and I just found out that it is true that Cunard will not allow passengers to invite guests aboard ship because of September 11,2001.Just this morning in my cabin the television set does receive the news channel CNN and CNN reports that there was a terrorist threat against a Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship that is sailing between Mexico and Hawaii.The ship had to drop anchor off of Hawaii and the authorities had to board the ship and search it.It is my guess that this threat is just a hoax but it is better to be safe than sorry.This morning in the QE2's theater will be a lecture given by maritime historian Bill Miller and he will be talking about the great transatlantic liners and tomorrow I'll post a report on what he talks about and I just know that he will mention the Titanic. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Today it is Saturday April 26,2003.Yesterday the QE2 was in Fort Lauderdale,Florida.Docked in the oppisite berth next to the QE2 was the Celebrity Ship Summit.Yesterday myself and a fellow passenger who I met on the QE2 a year ago and is back on the ship again this year,split the cost of a rental car and we drove around to Boca Raton,Pompano Beach and through downtown Fort Lauderdale.Last night I did see that there were 2 other large cruise ships sailing close to the QE2.These 2 other cruise ships were well lit up. On Thursday the lecture given by Bill Miller and he talked about the early 20th Century ocean liners and yes he did mention the Titanic.Today he will give another lecture about how the passenger ship industry has evolved into the current cruise ship industry and that there will be a program about the Queen Mary 2. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Hi Jerry.

Thanks for the on-board messages. I look forward to hearing about the Queen Mary 2 program.

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Hi John, I am sorry if I'm a few days for more information but it costs 95 cents a minute to use the internet on the QE2's computers and right now as I'm writing this message I'm on the Island of St. Kitts in a internet cafe were where it costs 10 cents a minute to use the internet.On Saturday Pamela Conover who is the Chief Operating Officer of the Cunard Line hosted a program about the Queen Mary 2.A film was shown showing how the QM2's hull was constructed and also a virtual reality tour of the QM2 of her outside decks and her interiors such as the Britannia Restaurant,Queens Grill Restaurant,Planetarium which will also be used as a movie theater,The most expensive suites onboard the ship and also the least expensive cabins.After this presentation there was a question and answer session.I asked if there will be a sister ship for the QM2.Pamela Conover answered that the sister ship for the QM2 would only be built if the QM2 is very sucessfull and that the QM2 is always sold out.I also asked how much of a service life in years is left in the QE2? Pamela answered that she couldn't predict how many years are left in the QE2's service life but that the Carnival Corporation who own the Cunard Line,will still provide the money for the QE2's upkeep and maintainance.Another passenger wanted to know why the QM2 and the other new Cunard cruise ship which will be known as the Queen Victoria,why they were not being built in Great Britain? Pamela Conover answered that they tried very hard to search for a shipyard in Great Britain but that Great Britain just doesn't have the facilities for passenger ship construction anymore.The QM2 is being built in France and the Queen Victoria will be built in Italy.This afternoon after the QE2 sails away from St. Kitts,Bill Miller who continue his lecture on the great transatlantic liners and I will try to post a message on what he says tomorrow in Bridgetown,Barbadoes which is the QE2's next port of call. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo