One Step Beyond Episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tommy Belhasen

I have heard about the episode "The Night of April 14" on the TV show One Step Beyond. Can anyone tell me how it ends?

Aug 29, 2000
Tommy, A book is out by John Muir called "An Analytical Guide to One Step Beyond" with synopses of all the 96 episodes which ran over 3 seasons (1959-1960)and were hosted by poker-faced John Newland. The Titanic one, Night of April 14th, aired on Jan. 27, 1959 and featured Patrick Macnee (he of John Steed, AVENGERS fame) and Barbara Lord as Eric Farley and Grace Montgomery. A woman who is afraid of water finds her hubby has book passage on- you know...TITANIC! Has anyone seen the 2002 remake of OSB- called "Night Visions" which debuted June 14th?(Macnee)

Aug 29, 2000
34 episodes are available on VCR through Amazon.com- but NOT the one WE want! Muir's book, by the way costs 40 bucks!!Of course I barely..ahem.. remember the series- being in my (cough) playpen you understand.

Eric Paddon

Jun 4, 2002
I have the episode in my vault somewhere. John Newland, the program host refers to some strange coincidences about the Titanic that I can't recall off the top of my head and a couple of them didn't sound familiar.

John Kenneth Muir, the author of that book incidentally, has written similar books on "Space 1999" and "Battlestar Galactica" (one of the few things in life I have a greater passion about than the Titanic) and he usually does a good job of amassing information but sometimes he gets carried away with his literary critique style to fall in love with analyses that don't stand up to scrutiny.

Incidentally, this was Patrick Macnee's second go round in a Titanic related TV episode, having played Thomas Andrews in the Kraft Television production of "A Night To Remember" several years earlier (and his first "Avengers" co-star Honor Blackman was in the movie version of ANTR).

Status
Not open for further replies.