Deleted member 173198

Here,Here and well said Shelley!

I look forward to your update.

Best wishes

Andrew W.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Shelley, you have already painted a complete video tour for us with your eloquent words. I could actually visualize all of it and felt as if I were there with you. I'm sure all of us felt the same way as we read your latest post. God bless you for making this trip. In spite of the difficulties, it must have been like labor and birth, knowing at the end of the ordeal, it was all well worth the effort.

All the best (XOXO to Walter!)

Kyrila

Sep 20, 2000
Hi, Shell: Bravo! That is a magnificent description you gave. Count me in when you do the detailed as well. (I'd love to see the pictures.)

Hope you and Walter both enjoyed the experience. I'm sure he was pleased by this visit from such a lovely and gracious lady as yourself. Sorry to hear about your train delays. But it is nice to know you got to visit Pier 54 (and that some presevation may be in the works).

Valentines best,
John <3 (I think that's a heart, anyway.)

K

Kathy A. Miles

Shelley, I'd like to hear details and see pics also so please count me in! Thanks for doing this, we all appreciate it.
Kathy

Feb 13, 2002
I am so sorry I found this board so late. Shelley..you have such a gift for words! Your "Gimme all yer antique valentines- It's a matter of life and death!" post was priceless! I only wish I could have added to pile on this one! I Love to browse antique stores and even found a small copy of the Rubyiat printed in 1911 in one once. A priceless treasure of mine. Had I only joined sooner. What is sad, is that I have never read ANTR and only saw the movie once and was quite by accident. I didn't even have the chance to record it. It had already started! It was 6 in the a.m. I even stumbled on the way to the VCR! I was heartbroken. I'm happy to be able to live vicariously through your visit with the man himself! Thank you for doing it, even though I missed the chance to send him a Valentine too! What a wonderful place I found here!
Stephanie Warren-Litton

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Stephanie~ Run do not walk to your nearest ANTR dealership and get yourself a copy. In fact, I have an extra copy (or 2) send me your address and I'll pop it in tomorrow's mail to you. And once you've read that one, I have a few more assignments for you . . .
grin.gif

-kate.

Aug 29, 2000
Dearhearts- love to you all today of all days. Stephanie, welcome aboard- sorry you missed the Valentine's Express, but come and see me and we can work on St. Patrick's Day or Thinking of You or Easter! Love is a 365 day a year proposition I believe. And I know it is a marvelous distraction to receive mail everyday when one is confined to home and hearth. I have an extra copy of A Night to Remember if you have trouble finding one- I know the paperback is still easy to find in most chainstores like Barnes and Noble.I envy you the thrill of reading it for the first time. I picked up the photos today and every one came out- a miracle. As soon as I play with the scanner or better still have my darling child (whom we have hocked the family silver to send to school for computer graphics) is home, the page will go up. Have bought extra gigabytes and a domain-so this will be about a 4 page endeavor of text and pictures. And music- of course- darlings the FRILLS are everything. Have had a wonderful time doing all of this- and now over to the Thread on Threads to dress that sweet and dainty dear who wants to look like Kate! Stay tuned.

Aug 29, 2000
Actually either Kate would fit the bill- I think the board should enjoy the vision of Miss Katie B.as Miss Lizzie Borden in that delicious play photo. And, as the Queen Mum says, it is ALWAYS better to be a vision than a sight!

Feb 13, 2002
Hi Shelley,

I have emailed the Baldwin Sisters about my plight, as I have a feeling your plate is full on a daily basis. (Not that all of ours are not!) Not sure if they will include any of "The Recipe" in their replies though!
wink.gif

I want to give you more time to work on getting your pictures up. Lizzy Borden huh? I have never been more scared of Liz Montgomory than I was after seeing that movie! I thought I read that your MTV special has not aired yet? or am I too late for that as well? I hope not! (I also hope I haven't gotten my people mixed up...still such a newbie) Thank you so much for your response.

Kate & Kyrila : A very public Thank You to you two as well....email on the way!

Stephanie

Aug 29, 2000
Have conquered Adobe Photoshop and the beastly scanner my dears! Am so proud of myself- it did take most of last night however and my courageous daughter's prompting from her room at UCONN- thousands of IM's and intrepid spirit! Page 1 will be up and running tonight- will give the link when it is finished. "Is this for those *&*#@~! BOAT PEOPLE, Ma?" she queried, long about 2 a.m. Ah- how we suffer for our art. And now back to work before the vicar returns.
Churchlady with a Secret Sin
p.s. Steph- no my one-time stint as MTV superstar has yet to be foisted on an unwary public

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Stephanine~ you ANTR is on the way! Enjoy. Sister Kyrila (I can never remember which of us is Emily and which is Mamie) will hook you up with the flicks and you'll have a nice begining.

Shell, maybe we'll keep my photos of me as Miss Lizzie between us; no need to scare the board as a whole! Hope you're well. Cannot wait to see the pictures. How do I go about getting my humble self on your list for the written version of your visit?? I'm on the edge of my seat. BTW what was Mr. Lord's reaction to the Valentine barage (sp?) ? Overwhelmed, confused, pleased, frightened, moved???
In any case, you're a goddess Shelley, for making us all feel so connected.
-kate.

Aug 29, 2000
Goddess? I could learn to love this- am not sure what my priestly employers would say though. I will post the site tonight on my new domain
http://www.revdma2.com
The revdma stands for Reverend Mother (there was already 1- a nun- THE NERVE!) All the details will be related as only a purpley prose-y, verbose old gal can- be prepared for a Dickensian evening.

Feb 13, 2002
Shelley,
Please keep us posted as to when it may air. Due to New Year's lay-off we had to get rid of the cable.( A choice between cable & DSL,what would you do?)LoL I have several buddies that can record it for me!

Thank so much Kate...I'll be forever grateful ! If you ever have an I Love Lucy question, I'd be plumb tickled to try to answer it for you! (another of my passions)
Talk to you lovely ladies soon!
Steph

Aug 29, 2000
Have heard from a few friends tonight- more photos of Walter are coming by mail next week to become a permanent part of this building website- and anecdotes too. If you have one to share which I may publish- send me an email. Two more pages are under construction now which I hope to have up by Sunday night, and more photos. Thanks everybody-this is really turning into something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.