Opinion on summary of 1stclass public rooms

Nigel Bryant

Aug 1, 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi,

As many of you may know, I am writing a article about Titanic/Olympic's first-class public rooms. I put in the message board in the "Technical" section. Regarding this, I was very shortsighted and did not include my full bibliography at the time including the most important resources I got from some great historians.

I was so excited about adding a article in I did not put in the important details in it first, these include- Getting permission, adding credits and not taking opinions as my own. For that I am sorry and I have certainly learnt my lesson. Anyway to you think it is a great idea? I need your opinions. I am hoping that i can get the article posted sometime in the future.

Regards Nigel Bryant

G

Gavin Murphy

N, (or others),

I have a question concerning the first class public rooms that perhaps you or someone else can answer. Is the staircase at the White Swan Hotel in Alnwick from the fore or aft first class staircase of the the O?

It seems to me the carved decorations on the top of the nowel posts from both staircases are the same. Pls. forgive me if I haven't described them by their right name. They are located on the main staircase of the White Swan, as well (I think) on the short staircase leading into the main dining room.

Also, what is the current fate of the White Swan? I gather it was up for sale a few months ago.

Thanx in advance.

G

Nigel Bryant

Aug 1, 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
To Gavin,

The staircase at the White Swan hotel is from Olympic's aft staircase. This information and more can be found in the book "Lost Liners" by Robert Ballard and Rick Archbold,paintings by Ken Marshall.

I do not know what is happening to White Swan, sorry.

Regards Nigel

G

Gavin Murphy

N,

Thanx for this. Funny, the mgr. of the White Swan is (was) also a Nigel. I did some PR work with him a few years ago, as well as 3 T presentations up there. Nice place, etc.

Kind regards,

G