Original Passenger list

D

David V. Johnson

My father, now deceased, a Swedish immigrant,
at 16 was to board the Titanic in England accompanied by his aunt and uncle. The uncle became ill and they had to sell back their tickets
either to another party or the company. Unknown
which. Is there anyway to confirm this such as
an original manifest or passenger list. My father's name was David Werner Johanson with a DOB 4-4-1896. They would have been third class passengers, I'm sure. Any help would be appreciated.

S

Sheldon Carlson

I have a similar situation with my Grandfather. He supposedly had a ticket and was turned away for whatever reason, overboarding, he was late or who knows. He has been dead now for almost 25 years. If you can find anything out I would be extremely interested.

S

Sheldon Carlson

I have a similar situation with my Grandfather.He was from Sweden also. He would have been third Class also. Name: Thure Carlson, DOB: 5/25/1891. He supposedly had a ticket and was turned away for whatever reason, overboarding, he was late or who knows. He has been dead now for almost 25 years. If you can find anything out I would be extremely interested.

K

Kim Maselbas

My Great Aunt was suppose to have been a passenger on the ship. Her name was Caroline Stanko but so far I haven't been able to come across anything official about her being on the ship. She would have been booked as a steerage passenger. The only things we have are a few local newspaper articles about her. Any info as to where I might find out if she was indeed on the ship would be appreciated.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
So was everybody else's Great Aunt! Unless her name was very badly mangled at the time so that you can't identify her on this site, it's likely that the story is a local legend. You don't say how long after the event the articles were published. A lot of phony passengers and crew have surfaced over the years. I know of three from my home city alone. Check for different versions of her name. Some people changed their names themselves to make them sound more American. Try to find original documents about her, like birth or marriage certificates. Good hunting!